Author Topic: Any 700mhz iBook owners here?  (Read 679 times)

Tbar

• Kudos: 0
Any 700mhz iBook owners here?
« on: 19 October 2002, 23:47 »
In the market for one and just thought I would see If anyone here has one and how they like it.

Thanks.

Tbar

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2002, 00:10 »
quote:
Originally posted by Tbar:
In the market for one and just thought I would see If anyone here has one and how they like it.

Thanks.

Tbar

Their Grrrrrr8!

They have a small screen sometimes, and the keyboard is kinda crampd. But that is only my opinion.

On the plus side they are cute   :D   Really really cute!!   :D   Fast, stable, and generaly all around awsome!

Don't buy Apple RAM, buy 3rd party and fill the little sucker up. It will run like a dream. A great buy in any case.

BTW: I'm not an owner, but I know owners and I have used theirs. I love the freakin iBooks.

My dad has a G4Ti, now that is a laptop! OMFG!!! Awsome computer.

iBooks and Ti's are both great.

[ October 19, 2002: Message edited by: psyjax ]

Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Pantso

• http://www.support-freesoftware.org
« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2002, 00:48 »
I have an iBook, recently bought, with a G3 PPC processor @600 Mhz though and not 700. Eventhough it comes with 128 MBs of RAM, it is just great. Really well-built, a bit small (mine with a 12.1" display) but really really cute (as psyjax said) and extremely well built.

At first I was a bit upset for having to sell my HP Omnibook (Intel Pentium III, 14.1" display, 32 MBs graphics card, DVD etc) to buy this one which lacks in some features but is extremely powerful nonetheless. Needless to say that i've already forgotten my old laptops (all x86). I just love my iBook and OS X.   :D  

Get one when you have the chance and you won't look back

;)

MacUser3of5

• http://notquiteyet.com
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2002, 04:07 »
Get a TiBook instead... even an older model will be nice too, and cheap! (well, not cheaper than the iBook... I think?)

<< Elitist TiBook owner...  ;)
"Let them call me a rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul..." - Thomas Paine

Pantso

• http://www.support-freesoftware.org
« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2002, 04:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by MacUser3of5:
Get a TiBook instead... even an older model will be nice too, and cheap! (well, not cheaper than the iBook... I think?)

<< Elitist TiBook owner...   ;)  

You think right! God I envy you.   :mad:  Well, one day I'll manage to get one, I think    :D

Tbar

« Reply #5 on: 22 October 2002, 00:15 »
Thanks for your help guys!  My only concern is the 12.1 screen, if I will be happy with it. I know there is the 14.1, but....it really doesnt interest me as much.   I have an old Powerbook 1400cs and I do believe that the screen on it is even smaller than the ibook.  But, I guess I could always run it to an external monitor when I'm here at home.

Thanks again.

PS.  Powerbook 1400CS/133 and PowerPC 5500/225 owner here!  Don't laugh, I've only got $125 tied up in the pair, lol.

Thanks again

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
    • http://www.akgames.net
« Reply #6 on: 22 October 2002, 00:29 »
I have a PowerBook G3 (PDQ) 233 MHZ, 160 MB RAM, 20 GB HDD (Upgraded, DUH!) and I love it! Runs as smooth in Jag 10.2 as it does in 8.6!

And it's way sexier too  :D  

Oh, I forgot. Dual batteries = 7.5-8 hours battery life.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #7 on: 22 October 2002, 01:19 »
TiBooks? ::cringe::

The TiBooks with cracking paint and broken hinges, ruined power connectors, shorted logic boards, displays that bust easily, and the oh so many other problems that seem to be popping up?

I'll take a Wallstreet!

The more Apple does, the more I like the older Macs better.....
Go the fuck ~

MacUser3of5

• http://notquiteyet.com
« Reply #8 on: 22 October 2002, 01:40 »
Haven't had those problems... I've heard of serious wallstreet issues as well... so STFU        :D

[ October 21, 2002: Message edited by: MacUser3of5 ]

"Let them call me a rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul..." - Thomas Paine

psyjax

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: 22 October 2002, 02:05 »
never seen the TiBook gone bad. You using it as a doorstop?
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR