Author Topic: Apple and Corporateness  (Read 434 times)

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Apple and Corporateness
« on: 16 August 2003, 06:51 »
That's the problem! They've gone corporate. They're starting to think too much about balancing "professionalism" with "art". I, for one think  that for the sake of sanity, "professionalism" needs to be done away with. I mean, everybody knows that madness and fun benefit humanity more than boring dudes in suits.

The G5 should be GREEN. They should bust their asses to make it use as little power as possible and sell a special "GREEN EDITION" G5. They should also sell a special high-end "designer model", in the vein of the 20th Anniversary model. Make it really crazy and wacky looking and sell it for three grand.

People would think it's cool and they'd buy it.

Oh yeah, and bring some color back to the designs. I think the iBook would look rather nice in shades other than white. Say silver, or "strawberry cream" or "peach"... perhaps "a really nice gull gray". Or maybe INDIGO.
Go the fuck ~

gump420

• Kudos: 0
Apple and Corporateness
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2003, 08:45 »
I do have to ask though, what the fuck was with the "Flower Power" and "Blue Dalmation" iMacs??  They were doing just fine with colors, then they fuckered it all up with those two and gave up on any color whatsover.

Wankers!  Need to bomb headquarters with pie!
I can't get over you until you get out from under him.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Apple and Corporateness
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2003, 10:04 »
ah, well, yeah. I still don't get that.

I think they were trying to grab a new market or something, and didn't hit their target. admirable though. I nearly ended up with a FlowerPower iMac 700, though... I shoulda gotten it because it was a better deal than what I got!
Go the fuck ~