Author Topic: me + mac  (Read 1870 times)

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
me + mac
« Reply #15 on: 30 May 2002, 01:04 »
Mac computers need a mac printer, dont they??
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
me + mac
« Reply #16 on: 30 May 2002, 03:31 »
nope, we have an exclusively mac setup at work, and we have one apple printer, one HP printer and one Epson printer, as far as i know, and they all work fine.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Master of Reality

• VIP
me + mac
« Reply #17 on: 30 May 2002, 03:52 »
did older macs need a mac printer???
Disorder | Rating
Linux User #283518

Heru

• Kudos: 0
me + mac
« Reply #18 on: 30 May 2002, 07:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by Master of Reality:
did older macs need a mac printer???

Really old ones like LCIII's, then yes.
An Epson printer should be fine with the laptop you're thinking of buying.

Master of Reality

• VIP
me + mac
« Reply #19 on: 30 May 2002, 07:49 »
the way i understand it is:
Macs use a different type of conenction for their printers and only some printers will work with them. They dont use parallel connections like PCs. I think my laser printer will work with them, but my inkjet printer wont.. if this is right?
Disorder | Rating
Linux User #283518

Heru

me + mac
« Reply #20 on: 30 May 2002, 08:02 »
quote:
Macs use a different type of conenction for their printers and only some printers will work with them. They dont use parallel connections like PCs. I think my laser printer will work with them, but my inkjet printer wont.. if this is right?

Most macs have USB ports, thusly USB printers are generally used.  As for whether or not older macs have a parallel pots or not, I have no idea.

Master of Reality

• VIP
me + mac
« Reply #21 on: 30 May 2002, 08:06 »
so do mac laptops usually have parallel connections for a printer? I was under the impression that they used some special "mac" connector.
Disorder | Rating
Linux User #283518

Scotty

me + mac
« Reply #22 on: 30 May 2002, 10:31 »
quote:
by flaming sack of shit:
Rather sick.

I love your donkey rapings though Singlemalt check out the heinous love link in my signiture it will fit your foul needs.

confused

Come on man.. I know you liked it didn't you.. yes that's what I thought.. you can borrow my little donkey that you can once in a life time get something for real instead showing of your arse in public. (i.e the link you provided.) show a little smile on your troubled face..yes that's much better.. no one here doesn't care about your secret fantasies.. if you like some fisting and stuff it's alright..

What does it tell about you my friend if my little mule here upsets you while you have a link equally stupid in your signature?
I tried hard to come up with nasty signature but I can't think any at this hour so I just say that m$ can go to hell for all I care.

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
me + mac
« Reply #23 on: 30 May 2002, 11:44 »
quote:
This is it! this is the post that went too far! this dumbass has finally shown his hand! he can not possibly be a normal unbiased computer user and say this. There is noone in the world who would say this except an employee of Microsoft!!! Yes, i am onto you, windows XP marketer, you are simply trying to cause bad feeling in the ranks, well your comments will not win any converts here, so kindly move on. I suggest you visit the windowsbbs.com perhaps. Goodbye.

Your comments will not only win any converts, but it just goes to prove the sleeziness that M$ has resorted to. Go away you sploser! You're wasting your time!

Either this guy really is being paid by M$, or he's been brainwashed. I sure hope it's the first one, because I don't want to believe that M$ can have that kind of power over someone. Good call, Calum.

ravuya

• VIP
me + mac
« Reply #24 on: 31 May 2002, 18:27 »
quote:

You can obtain a device called PowerPrint which allows you to use parallel devices to print. And our serial port (Mini-Din-8) is not a Mac-only thing, in fact the MiniDin8 format is the industry standard for smaller devices that require serial interfaces (Newton, MagicCap, ec)

Two-way parallel (PC's only had 1-way parallel until a while back) is not.

But, yeah, there are more devices made for the inferior technology because more people have adopted it... the sad lament of the mac owner

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Ravuya ]

slave

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
me + mac
« Reply #25 on: 31 May 2002, 19:11 »
quote:
But, yeah, there are more devices made for the inferior technology because more people have adopted it... the sad lament of the mac owner

Tell me, in what way is PC hardware "inferior technology?"  Apart from the motherboard I can build a PC that is an exact clone of a PowerMac.  And, I don't think people like Intel and AMD make bad processors.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
me + mac
« Reply #26 on: 31 May 2002, 19:19 »
quote:
Originally posted by Windows XP User #5225982375:

Tell me, in what way is PC hardware "inferior technology?"  Apart from the motherboard I can build a PC that is an exact clone of a PowerMac.  And, I don't think people like Intel and AMD make bad processors.

true, inferior technology is a bad choice of words there, but what he means is that macs are allexpensive, and either fairly well built or extremely well built.

While many people (now more than ever) buy or build extremely good kit type PCs, the fact remains that in the past and still to this day, a lot of parts were/are cheap and in many ways shoddy. If there is a way to skimp on costs on a piece of hardware, you can bet that somebody has done it and sold as many as possible quick, and you can also bet that a lot of people snapped up the cheap products as fast as possible, especially compared to the slow and steady sales of macintosh computers.

In fact this coupled with Microsoft's agressive and illegal marketing tactics is the reason why windows is far and away the most used OS on the planet today.

Anyway, this discussion is about inferior connections for printers, not building your own machine. Can't you read?
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Master of Reality

• VIP
me + mac
« Reply #27 on: 11 July 2002, 04:33 »
On my long venture away from home, i came across my new mac laptop. I have brought it back with me on the long journey and now it is in my possesion. It is a Powerbook 180. With no battery.

[ July 10, 2002: Message edited by: Master of Reality / Bob ]

Disorder | Rating
Linux User #283518

Master of Reality

• VIP
me + mac
« Reply #28 on: 12 July 2002, 08:22 »
its got OS 7.1 on it. How can i take a screenshot of it?

[ July 11, 2002: Message edited by: Master of Reality / Bob ]

Disorder | Rating
Linux User #283518

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
me + mac
« Reply #29 on: 12 July 2002, 13:29 »
SHIFT + CAPS LOCK + COMMAND (the apple key) + 3 or 4, then look for the image file either on your desktop or in the "Macintosh HD" folder. Open it and do whatever you like with it.    ;)
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous