Author Topic: M$ gets SCO'ed?  (Read 1059 times)

jasonlane

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.root10.net
M$ gets SCO'ed?
« on: 8 July 2003, 18:30 »
So is M$ going to get SCO'ed, would be funny if they did. Does anyone actually use ActiveX, I know the games industry (well Xbox) does. I know most corporate networks ban it.

Active X suit

I read through the article briefly though, so I'm going to do passive research, let al you good people put your comments here, sit back and reel it in    

P.S who thinks SCO should be a verb?
The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don

solarismka

M$ gets SCO'ed?
« Reply #1 on: 9 July 2003, 00:17 »
Great Idea I think SCO should be a verb!

"Damn I just got a letter from the IRAA it looks like i'm getting SCO'ed!"  Yup it works

I used to use ActiveX a long time a go but not any more.

:cool:
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

Doctor V

M$ gets SCO'ed?
« Reply #2 on: 9 July 2003, 10:23 »
It would take alot -ALOT of BS for someone who hates M$ as much as I do to actually side with M$.  But this patent lawsuit is a complete crock of bullshit.  There needs to be some kind of limit on what can be patented, and this jumps across that line, and if patents like this are held up and become mainstream, technological innovation will be stifled even more than if M$ takes over.

It pains me to say this...but...

Go Microsoft.

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
M$ gets SCO'ed?
« Reply #3 on: 9 July 2003, 13:13 »
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor V: Gentoo Lunatic:
It would take alot -ALOT of BS for someone who hates M$ as much as I do to actually side with M$.  But this patent lawsuit is a complete crock of bullshit.  There needs to be some kind of limit on what can be patented, and this jumps across that line, and if patents like this are held up and become mainstream, technological innovation will be stifled even more than if M$ takes over.

Go Microsoft.

I know, the patent description is awfully broad, and to vague.

jasonlane

• http://www.root10.net
M$ gets SCO'ed?
« Reply #4 on: 9 July 2003, 14:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor V: Gentoo Lunatic:

Go Microsoft.

So the argument is over the idea not the actual mechanics. I guess the extreme side of this is biotech companies that patent stuff that always seems un-patentable, like spit.

How would you propose that we change the law though? How could we improve on what we have?

And so my passive research continues
  ;)
The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don