Author Topic: broken mac  (Read 700 times)

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
broken mac
« Reply #15 on: 27 December 2002, 04:31 »
its kinda surprising how many people have asked me for it even if it is dead. if it is dead, i think i am going to modify the case for a linux machine. that would be kick ass!    :D

[ December 26, 2002: Message edited by: Xyle: Mac Commando ]

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
broken mac
« Reply #16 on: 27 December 2002, 06:06 »
come on, give choas something to keep his mind off dangerous things/*firecracker enhanced fuel/air bomb.......*/
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

xyle_one

• VIP
broken mac
« Reply #17 on: 27 December 2002, 11:43 »
we will see. maybe if it is completely dead, ill post it and "auction" it off. (id probably trade for something just as useless as a broken g4  ;)  )

xyle_one

• VIP
broken mac
« Reply #18 on: 28 December 2002, 03:34 »
well. i got my new g4 in today, it fucking rocks!!. then i decided to get the old one working. first of all, the really put it together well. almost too well. after taking out the cdrw & zip drive i could get the power supply out. fun   :mad:  . then i took the harddrive out and threw it into the new mac, copied my files and iTunes playlists. though, i cant get my chimera bookmarks to come over. anyways. after i copied all the files i went back to the old g4. i decided to leave the old hardrive in the new g4, i have 190gigs of storage now!!  :eek:  . i assembled the peices sitting on the floor, i even through the old "broken" power supply in. guess fucking what. i hit the power button. mother fucker works. now i have 2 g4s. not for long actually. i have 2 people who want it. but goddamn it. 2 days ago i tried it again, i plugged the computer in, hit power and nothing. i take it apart today, put it back together. and it works. what? oh well. alls well that ends well and shit. i ended up with a new 1.25ghz g4 with all the fixings, and i get to give someone else a very nice late christmas present..
anyways.

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
broken mac
« Reply #19 on: 28 December 2002, 05:56 »
*cough howmuch cough*
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way