Author Topic: Okay who is getting one of the new PowerBooks?  (Read 451 times)

Crunchy(Cracked)Butter

• Kudos: 125
Okay who is getting one of the new PowerBooks?
« on: 9 January 2003, 03:14 »
I've decided to get the 12" Superdrive model at the beginning of March maybe sooner.  Possibly an 20GB iPod as well but i can wait for that to drop in price first a little bit.  Very soon i will have

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #1 on: 9 January 2003, 03:34 »
i knew i should have waited before i got a new desktop. I saw taht 17" powerBook and flipped out. Thats a great size. i would love to have one. if i decide to get one, it won't be until at least the summer (july, june hopefully).. i have to pay off my new G4 first  :D  
id say get an iPod.. at least that is what i would get. (just thinking about it makes me want to run to the store and get it right now.....)

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
« Reply #2 on: 9 January 2003, 05:21 »
An Apple Newton? Yeck! As Scott Kelby said, the Newton apparently has the translation skills of a squirrel. Still, if you're into collecting Apple memorabilia...

[ January 08, 2003: Message edited by: Macman: Mac Tro0per / boB ]

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
« Reply #3 on: 9 January 2003, 05:32 »
I am getting one as soon as I can get my hands on some money.

BTW, anyone seen the video for these lovely little darlings? Here
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

cocoamix

« Reply #4 on: 9 January 2003, 07:25 »
I'm probably going to get one of the new Powerlogix upgrades to tide me over until the new towers come out (towards the end of the year maybe).

Oh, and an iPod.
  ;)

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
« Reply #5 on: 9 January 2003, 21:31 »
Jeez, you guys are just buying computers left and right. I had a Performa as the most advanced computer in my house for five years before I got this G4!

Crunchy(Cracked)Butter

« Reply #6 on: 9 January 2003, 10:36 »
I want the Newton because i have always wanted one, now after umpteen years i might finally et my chance.

Since the 12" is very small i'm questioning whether its worth getting the iPod thats all.

Isn't the G5 coming out this year or something?

[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: Crunchy(Cracked)Butter ]

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #7 on: 9 January 2003, 10:47 »
i can see where one wouldn't need an iPod with the 12'powerBook. however, it is not as portable. There are occasions when im not on my computer, and would like to listen to 20gigs worth of music and busting out the lapTop isn't an option.
I guess its a question of how much time do you spend on the computer.... I am def getting an iPod before i move to sanFrancisco. that way i have my music when im walking or riding a bike everywhere..fuck driving in that city.
huhm.. since you are going to have a superDrive it would be pointless to get an externalDrive. how about a nice backBack to carry your new powerBook in.

Crunchy(Cracked)Butter

« Reply #8 on: 9 January 2003, 15:53 »
You may well be right about the iPod, i will get it but not now, i'll think i will concentrate on the Powerbook then get the ipod later.  Maybe the price will drop as well.  I'm thinking about getting the backpack as well, my other one is a little drab so i want to sell it for some extra cash.

With this new firewire 800 i'm expecting a new ipod version, hopefully then i can purchase the old one at a reduced price much like the older ibooks are reduced at the moment.

Couple of things bug me with the 12" version, its that Apple want portable power but don#t include the 1MB cache with the 12".  Seems strange, how much of a difference does this make?

Also i think its pure choice that they don't have the fibre optic keyboard for the 12" model as well, its the same size keyboard.  Is it possible to buy the new keyboard seperate and fit it yourself?

[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: Crunchy(Cracked)Butter ]