Author Topic: Mac OS X refund suit gets preliminary nod  (Read 497 times)

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Mac OS X refund suit gets preliminary nod
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2003, 01:00 »
It's too bad that some G3 owners had to file a lawsuit. But if Apple did not hold their promises, then they should assume the consequences. They offered to settle, though, which I think would be the best decision; the customers won't have to fight in court for months, and Apple won't attract too much publicity to their mistake.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Mac OS X refund suit gets preliminary nod
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2003, 22:48 »
I understand there are technical hurdles to supporting older hardware, but I distinctly remember the promises that version 8 would be the big update... Copland... with all the modern features. It fizzled. It became OS 8. while a good release, it was just an overhaul to System 7. No real new abilities were added. they missed the first mark

Then, Rhapsody came along, and they promised that it would be OS 9. It would run on all Power Macs, and be an amazing advancement.

the mark was missed. OS 9 rolled around and it was a really good update to 8.6... but that was it. an update to 8.6.

OS X Server rolls around, and they say "requires G3 or better" but it runs on 604s and 603s just fine.

Finally, Mac OS X... it comes out and everybody is like "WTF" it's slow as all get out, and it doesn't support my stuff!

it was a cheap way of urging people to buy a new comp. I don't agree with it, I think it's pretty shitty... but hey, what can ya do, aside from what they did? Apple in recent years is greedy. not that I can blame em they have a captive market, but I fear that some of their pratices could also harm them.
Go the fuck ~