Author Topic: Education Market Lost, Apple Lays Down Multimedia Gauntlet  (Read 611 times)

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Read the article here.

I think Apple is just upset because MS'es propriarity technologies(like WMV) is superior to thier propriarity technologies( like QTV) and WMV is even better than open standards like MPEG-4 when it comes to the quality/compression ratio.

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Education Market Lost, Apple Lays Down Multimedia Gauntlet
« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2002, 23:36 »
i like the part about it being on a pro windows site.  

Check out this article
This will give a good balanced diet of biased articles to help form a well-rounded opinion.
ecsyle_one

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: xyle_one ]

MacUser3of5

• Kudos: 0
    • http://notquiteyet.com
Education Market Lost, Apple Lays Down Multimedia Gauntlet
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2002, 00:44 »
I'm not a big fan of either company (although I am currently running a TiBook  ;)  ), but that article could have come straight from a Microsoft press release...

The article itself was written poorly, as the title reads "Education Market Lost, Apple Lays Down Multimedia Gauntlet" when in fact the two topics are not related, and the "Education Market Loss" is about one paragraph in size...

Article quote:

quote:
Unfortunately for Apple, its anti-Microsoft attack arrived on the same day as a revealing study which shows that Apple is in danger of forever losing the education market to Windows-based PCs.

I don't see how the two are related... he's just trolling for hits, really. A classic "John C. Dvorak" move.
"Let them call me a rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul..." - Thomas Paine