Author Topic: Apple's Revenge  (Read 1905 times)

Safari

• Kudos: 0
    • http://Google.com
Apple's Revenge
« on: 27 April 2004, 04:49 »
You know, Ive noticed more and more people buying macs. They hear that its better, but are afraid of "connetability" problems. But when they get it, they understand. Ever since I got out of my Win98 cell, Ive been an Apple Booster. Now with the iPod, People see how cool Apple is. And with Microsoft selling computers to schools, the kids see how damm stupid the things are. Hopefully Apple can get revenge.
HAMSTAR!

Kasracer

• http://www.BinaryIdiot.com
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2004, 03:08 »
An inferior company with an inferior product cannot extract revenge against a company with a better OS.

Sorry

On a more serious note; Apple computers are horribly over-priced (even with educational discounts) and do not give a performance to price ratio greater than or equal to that of your average IBM compatible PCs running Windows (or even Linux for that matter).

Lime

Apple's Revenge
« Reply #2 on: 5 May 2004, 06:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by Kasracer:
An inferior company with an inferior product cannot extract revenge against a company with a better OS.

Sorry

On a more serious note; Apple computers are horribly over-priced (even with educational discounts) and do not give a performance to price ratio greater than or equal to that of your average IBM compatible PCs running Windows (or even Linux for that matter).

Inferior OS? Compared to what? Linux? LOL
Windows? Fuck. I'm going to split my sides here.

Back up your accusation with some facts and I might stop laughing.

Kasracer

Apple's Revenge
« Reply #3 on: 5 May 2004, 07:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by Lime:

Inferior OS? Compared to what? Linux? LOL
Windows? Fuck. I'm going to split my sides here.

Back up your accusation with some facts and I might stop laughing.

OS X is horrible. I had to use it for several years doing graphic design and that fucker crashed more than Windows 98. It wasn't just 1 computer with a specific setting either, it was well over 50 computers. I had to save every 2 seconds in photoshop because it would randomly reboot.

OS X's BSOD is quite nasty too. It's also annoying when it says a program has froze, click here to close it. When you go to click it, the system fucking locks up.

The OS is slow as shit too. It feels like I'm using an OS entirely made out of Java with the nasty UI. Expose is a nifty feature, but has no real purpose for me because it's quicker and more efficient to use keys or the dock to switch between applications.

I would, honestly, rather use Gentoo or Windows as an environment to get my computer work done.

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #4 on: 5 May 2004, 08:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by Kasracer:

OS X is horrible. I had to use it for several years doing graphic design and that fucker crashed more than Windows 98. It wasn't just 1 computer with a specific setting either, it was well over 50 computers. I had to save every 2 seconds in photoshop because it would randomly reboot.

OS X's BSOD is quite nasty too. It's also annoying when it says a program has froze, click here to close it. When you go to click it, the system fucking locks up.

Either you're lying or you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I never got a single crash in all the two years I've used OS X at school.

quote:
it's quicker and more efficient to use keys or the dock to switch between applications.

You obviously must be using Expose in a way that's totally foreign to me. I find that shooting the cursor in the corner and clicking on the window is MUCH more efficient than hunting for an icon on the dock.

quote:

The OS is slow as shit too. It feels like I'm using an OS entirely made out of Java with the nasty UI.

That's weird, I found the 450 MHz iMac with OS 10.1 quite snappy.

Laukev7

• VIP
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #5 on: 5 May 2004, 21:00 »
quote:

Exactly. That's why Microsoft is going to lose ground as Apple will gain marketshare in the long term.

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #6 on: 5 May 2004, 21:09 »
Stop taking this thread seriously Laukev.  

All 3 of the people posting in the thread just joined, and mysteriously agree with each other.  Votes for bin, anyone?  :rolleyes:
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Laukev7

• VIP
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #7 on: 5 May 2004, 21:13 »
quote:
Originally posted by WMD:

All 3 of the people posting in the thread just joined, and mysteriously agree with each other.  Votes for bin, anyone?    :rolleyes:  

I just haven't posted anything outside of the Lounge for a long time.

BTW, go Apple!  

[ May 05, 2004: Message edited by: Laukev7 ]

Kasracer

Apple's Revenge
« Reply #8 on: 5 May 2004, 21:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by Laukev7:
Either you're lying or you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I never got a single crash in all the two years I've used OS X at school.
I'm not lying and I know what I'm talking about. It's not impossible for a Mac to crash you know. In fact, it happens as often as most Windows machines. Go around and ask people who work with macs everyday for hours and hours on end.

Even when I was at school the macs would crash like crazy. You couldn't even surf the internet without the fuckers crashing at school.

quote:
You obviously must be using Expose in a way that's totally foreign to me. I find that shooting the cursor in the corner and clicking on the window is MUCH more efficient than hunting for an icon on the dock.

In a way that's foreign to you? I was using it like you're supposed to (just like you mentioned). It's alot quicker to use key strokes to switch applications than to even click on one thing.

quote:

That's weird, I found the 450 MHz iMac with OS 10.1 quite snappy.

These were 1GHz machines (some were dual)

quote:
Originally posted by WMD:
All 3 of the people posting in the thread just joined, and mysteriously agree with each other.  Votes for bin, anyone?    :rolleyes:  

You may think I'm a troll but here's the real kicker: Everything I've said thus far is true.

I would like to say, I can't believe a website who hates Microsoft so much and thinks they suck at programming would use this forum. It's fucking horrible, it can't even quote right. Talk about double standards.

[ May 05, 2004: Message edited by: Kasracer ]

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #9 on: 5 May 2004, 10:27 »
quote:
I would like to say, I can't believe a website who hates Microsoft so much and thinks they suck at programming would use this forum. It's fucking horrible, it can't even quote right. Talk about double standards.

lol...he's a got a good point.
But there's a good reason for this: the guy who owns this place has been inactive for a very very very very long time. We've been begging him to upgrade to php for a long time but it's no use. Refalm's supposedly trying to test some stuff out..I forget.

Laukev7

• VIP
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #10 on: 5 May 2004, 17:20 »
quote:
Even when I was at school the macs would crash like crazy. You couldn't even surf the internet without the fuckers crashing at school.

You're full of shit. Even Mac OS Classic didn't crash nearly as often as you say.

quote:
These were 1GHz machines (some were dual)

There's obviously something wrong. I never had any of the problems you described, even with the 450 MHz G3. And I spend hours on the 1 GHz eMacs (which come from the graphics department, by the way), and they are very snappy, comparable to my 1.8 GHz athlon XP at home.

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #11 on: 5 May 2004, 19:53 »
I've never even heard of OSX crashing. Sure...programs crash here and there but I strongly doubt that OSX itself was crashing, ESPECIALLY as much as you seem to be saying.

Lime

Apple's Revenge
« Reply #12 on: 6 May 2004, 00:32 »
I have been using OSX for 2 years now, and it has never crashed. I have had some applications die on me, but that is no problem. Force quit the app, and restart it. Windows on the other hand, which I have been using for like 6 years, has been nothing but headaches. Linux even crashed on me, not nearly as much as windows, but far more than OSX has.
I have run OSX.1 - OSX.3 on several different configurations. A tangerine iBook ran Jaguar stable, and rather quickly. My first G4, and 800mhz system ran 10.1-10.2 just fine, no problems, and my current system, a dual 1ghz G4 runs 10.3 like a dream. I have no complaints. Unlike my water-cooled dual athlon workstation that chokes with XPpro. In fact, I have never used a stable and fast XP system. Or 2000. And lets not even get started on the 9* systems. Fucking joke.
I have done the math, and to get a comparable PC, you spend just as much, if not more money than a nice apple computer.

And I'm not axactly a new member. I am waiting for my password to be sent to me on an account I kinda fucked up. I have been waiting for like a month now. In a fit of frustration with this place, I randomized my password X11 style. However, there have been a few threads that I had to reply to too. So I registered a new account.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #13 on: 6 May 2004, 00:39 »
quote:
xeen: Refalm's supposedly trying to test some stuff out..I forget.

Well, let me clear up some things.

The people who run this server are very occupied with their work. It takes a while to get things done.

This forum software runs on CGI. The server has Apache, Postfix, CGI, OpenSSH and PHP installed.
Missing something? Yes, MySQL. Getting it installed may take a while, and that's something the two guys who run this server simply don't have!
Expect things to change in 10 years.

Laukev7

• VIP
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #14 on: 6 May 2004, 00:46 »
What was your former nickname, Lime?

[ May 05, 2004: Message edited by: Laukev7 ]