Author Topic: Ballmer Speaks again  (Read 822 times)

Crunchy(Cracked)Butter

• Kudos: 125
Ballmer Speaks again
« on: 12 October 2002, 01:49 »
I really do hate this guy he speaks so much crap its fucking crap.

Take a look at this: http://news.com.com/2008-1082-961780.html?tag=fd_lede2_hed

Its an article about .Crap but there are a few questions about linux and he seems to just think of it as nothing but a clone of a clone operating system.

He is quoted as saying this:
"There has yet to be any innovation, new features or new capabilities out of the Linux platform." -

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Ballmer Speaks again
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2002, 02:01 »
what... and there have been from windows?

what "new" UI innovations has Windows brought us?

NOTHING

They turn 95 into an honestly halfway-respectable mimicry of the Macintosh Finder... then they diluted it with the IE4 shell. They diluted it further with Windows Me, and even more with XP.

And now look at things... people hear "interface" and that equals "appearance". MS has made a mockery of interface design by not using it. All the stupid problems from 95 still exist in XP... only coated with blue and beige.

As for architectural changes... MS still hasn't "innovated"... they've only played catch-up. Plug and play in NT? Why wasn't that implemented in the first place? More stability? How is this innovation? Isn't that what you're SUPPOSED to offer?

Every time MS talks about innovation, it makes me want to bang my head against a concrete wall. Oh, and Larry Ellison wants to puke.

Bundling apps... innovation? No... it's just bundling apps.

I think the only innovation MS has succeeded with is creating software that sucks so much that people feel compelled to use something else.
Go the fuck ~

Bazoukas

• Kudos: 140
    • http://whitehouse.com
Ballmer Speaks again
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2002, 02:03 »
"If you are a large account, for example, you can get access to source code. "

So in other words a medium size company cant write a piece of code that fits their needs. Which means, they need to get an app for who knows how much and deal with any shortcomings that application might have.

So that means that if a security flaw is found, nobody can know it, besides MS, and GOD knows when they will release a patch for that, as they have done in the past.

Holy fucking shit man. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!
  Can somebody kill that monkey boy? I will go and piss on his grave.

[ October 11, 2002: Message edited by: bazoukas ]

Yeah

HPC GUY

• Kudos: 101
Ballmer Speaks again
« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2002, 02:08 »
Quote*
Second thing, our product is a more complete product. We have a built-in application server that's well integrated; there is no such comparable notion in the Linux server. We have a directory server built in; there is no such comparable thing in Linux. The Linux client hardly runs any applications, except a bunch of shareware stuff that's not very good. *end quote*

HAHAHA thats nice attempt at defending bloat ware. Linux is more of a server O/S than anything else.
"if i destroyed you, i would only be perpetuating your legacy" - Me

HPC GUY

• Kudos: 101
Ballmer Speaks again
« Reply #4 on: 12 October 2002, 02:26 »
and there is that buzz word again.
Innovative - windows has introduced nothing new except frustratingly flawed monopolyware
"if i destroyed you, i would only be perpetuating your legacy" - Me

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
Ballmer Speaks again
« Reply #5 on: 12 October 2002, 07:37 »
quote:
It's about connecting people to people, people to information, businesses to businesses, businesses to information, and so on. That is the benefit.

"Umm, err, I don't know so I'll say something that Dan Quayle might say, because when you say something so exceedingly stupid, you might think that you didn't understand it because it's so brilliant"

-Ballmer
*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
Ballmer Speaks again
« Reply #6 on: 13 October 2002, 01:21 »
quote:
In the areas where we think they have a real lead...we're not going to be cheaper to acquire. But we have lower total cost, more complete, more innovative, and we are going to share source as broadly as we can, but not as broadly as they do. And we are going to have as or more a community as Linux does. I think if you put all of that together, that's our competitive proposition.

If there's one thing that I really admire about Steve Ballmer, it's his ability to use so many words to say absolutely nothing. The entire article is just like this. Furthermore, he gives us yet another explanation of what .NET is suppose to be:  
quote:
How do you define .Net?
What is .Net? Well, the benefit of .Net is XML (Extensible Markup Language); it's all about connection. We take the XML connection and we extend it across both client and server--while other guys are only server-focused. It's about connecting people to people, people to information, businesses to businesses, businesses to information, and so on. That is the benefit.

Huh? Now it's XML. At one time, it was C#, then it was suppose to be a way to deliver software services, then it was a programming language, then it was a common runtime environment that was to allow all sorts of systems to connect, then it was M$ Passport, yada, yada, yada. Is there any human being on the face of the planet who knows WTF .NET really is?(!) Has Steve Ballmer ever given a straight answer to a straight question?

Computers are like air conditioners: they can't do their jobs if you open windows.

[ October 12, 2002: Message edited by: jtpenrod ]

Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

Crunchy(Cracked)Butter

• Kudos: 125
Ballmer Speaks again
« Reply #7 on: 13 October 2002, 03:04 »
I like the fact, no wait i don't like it i hate the fact that they are going to create a "community" of MS developers and programmers.  If they did it isn't going to be natural like the linux community.  You notice how this is their rival to linux?  Just like C# is to Java or win95 was to OS/2?  They have always  got to do something better than somebody else, like other peoples acheivements are not good enough!