Author Topic: Video Capture  (Read 751 times)

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Video Capture
« on: 4 January 2003, 10:54 »
I figured that since i will be attemtping this on a mac, i'd ask here. How, if at all, can i capture a video playing on my computer. More specifically, how can i capture the South Park Episodes playing fullScreen in RealPlayer into a different format? My goal is to make a DVD with all the SouthPark on it so i don't have to watch them on the Computer. Or is there an app i can use to convert RealMedia files into something else. Thanks in advance.
ecsyle-one

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.akgames.net
Video Capture
« Reply #1 on: 4 January 2003, 11:19 »

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
Video Capture
« Reply #2 on: 4 January 2003, 18:53 »
mencoder should do the trick but unfortunately this is a PC (Linux) app. It may have been ported to PPC, but I don't know. It is an option if you can't find anything else that is mac-worthy.
Contains scenes of mild peril.

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Video Capture
« Reply #3 on: 4 January 2003, 23:32 »
thanks. mPlayer really is the shit isn't it. i keep reading the posts hailing mPlayer as the media player to end all media players, but i just sorta shrugged it off. I might have to get it    
i didnt watch a lot of video on my linux box.
If i dont have to pay for a program that would be great. Id like to check out that incite editor, but id rather not pay for it. And im not going to look for the warezVersion. Maybe if it is cheap...
Thanks again

cocoamix

• Kudos: 0
Video Capture
« Reply #4 on: 5 January 2003, 00:27 »
If you have a vid card with s-Vid out, I think you can just sent the signal straight to a VCR.
I send my output to my TV sometimes just for fun, so I'm sure you can record it too (to VHS though).

You can also try Snapz Pro X, but I think you'd need hefty hardware to cap full screen video.