Author Topic: OSX to Windows XP  (Read 2078 times)

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
OSX to Windows XP
« Reply #30 on: 4 June 2002, 07:45 »
psyjax, hope your post wasn't pointed toward my post as if it is, then my post missed the point entirely. I was trying to point out that OSX is easier to use than Windows, but yet much more powerful because of the UNIX underbelly and if you want to get to the roots of your machine you can, unlike in Windows.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
OSX to Windows XP
« Reply #31 on: 4 June 2002, 19:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by VoidMain:
psyjax, hope your post wasn't pointed toward my post as if it is, then my post missed the point entirely. I was trying to point out that OSX is easier to use than Windows, but yet much more powerful because of the UNIX underbelly and if you want to get to the roots of your machine you can, unlike in Windows.

I understood what you said and I agree, It's just that I have always abhored the term "dumbed down". I don't think the MacOS has ever been dumbed down, nor windows for that matter.

OS's are only as dumb as the user who is using them IMHO. Altho Windoze seems to be dumber than most  ;)
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
OSX to Windows XP
« Reply #32 on: 4 June 2002, 19:59 »
reason:- dumb users
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Ctrl Alt Del 123

• Kudos: 0
OSX to Windows XP
« Reply #33 on: 5 June 2002, 02:38 »
XP can be advanced, just open up a *.msc or an Administrator Tools app. Normal home users don't ever need to mess with these (they don't even exist in XP Home, only in Pro), but if you want to, you can try some more advanced stuff.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
OSX to Windows XP
« Reply #34 on: 5 June 2002, 03:06 »
Actually, you can only control what M$ *allows* you to control.  In Linux you can control everything. On the Mac you can change any of the Darwin stuff.  You can't have complete control without the source.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...