Miscellaneous > The Lounge

Star Trek

(1/6) > >>

Paladin9:
A current thread about the word "nacelle" has made me think of something I would like to bring up for disscussion here.  What do you think of star trek now?  I am talking about Star Trek: Enterprise.  Have many of you even heard of this show?  I want to talk about how star trek use to be an awesome show but has turned to shit.  TOS(original show) and TNG are what I am talking about when I say awesome.  DS9, VOY(voyager), and ENT(enterprise) are what I am talking about when I say SHIT!  

TOS was great SciFi for its time.  TNG was I think by far the best star trek show.  DS9 was just plain booring.  It was also sort of like a soap opera in space.  I think VOY is the worst.  Terrible characters and bad writing, not to mention a shit load of inconsistancies.  ENT is not quite as bad but the whole "sexyness" thing they tried last season was just wrong.  Why is it that B&B(Braga and Berman, people who have been doing star trek since Roddenberry died) have to have a "hot" female character in some sort of cat suit that is not really a starfleet member?  VOY and ENT both have a character like this!  

ENT ratings were tanking during the second season.   So those asshats B&B decided to spice the show up by doing some "sexy stuff" with the character T'pol.  That "sexy stuff" is why ENT and VOY suck in the first place!!! (well there are other problems with those shows too).  B&B are totally headed in the wrong direction, I think.  I think they should bring Gene Roddenberry back from the dead and let him run star trek again.

Any thoughts?

hm_murdock:
Enterprise is not Star Trek. they broke the timeline.

Based on Mike Okuda's own timeline... in the 2150s, we use fusion-powered ships that look like cylinders, have lasers and fusion rockets, and there is no Starfleet.

There are instead, two organizations, the Unied Earth Space Probe Agency, and the United Earth Space Navy.

I was able to ignore all the problems when the show was good. But through 3rd season, the writing got absolutely horrible. Brannon Braga is a washed up tit who needs to fuck off. The jury's still out on Rick Berman, who never had any respect for the "history" of Trek. I honestly think he's the one responsible for "front-loading" all the TNG tech into the show.

Oh, also the absolute unbelievability of alien technology. Here's humans flying around in their mediocre ship, and Vulcans have 24th century tech. So... we're supposed to believe that from this time on, the rest of the galaxy just kinda sat around and waited for us to catch up? That even after the almighty UFP was founded, that the other races just kinda hid their better tech away and gladly embraced inferior earth tech?

TOS is the chronologically oldest Star Trek.

Enterprise never happened.

Refalm:
I think of Enterprise as a parellel universe  

I disagree on DS9 though, it's my favourite of all Star Trek series. It was the most "badass" of all. And what made you think it was a "soap opera in space"? I see no reason to.

pofnlice:
oh yeah...what really happened to the Klingons anyway...they touched on it in NG...but I kinda losat track of it after Worf said "We don't like to talk about it." Now the part that makes this congruent...TOS and NG were my favorites and even though I think all of the spin offs were good in thier own right...It's all about the Enterprise and her crew to me, the rest is just filler.

Commander:

quote:Originally posted by Refalm:
I disagree on DS9 though, it's my favourite of all Star Trek series. It was the most "badass" of all. And what made you think it was a "soap opera in space"? I see no reason to.
--- End quote ---
agreed.  ds9, although has some crappy actors, has good stories.  voy on the other hand sucks.  i watched a few episods of the newest series, also called enterprise, but didnt like it too much.  funny how noone else mentioned their adventure in saving the earth in any of the shows that came later in the timeline.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version