Author Topic: READ the flying fuck out of me!  (Read 606 times)

Crunchy(Cracked)Butter

• Kudos: 125
READ the flying fuck out of me!
« on: 20 November 2002, 00:13 »
This has got to be the biggest pile of steamy shit i have ever seen coming from Ballmers lips.

"eWeek: Moving into new areas raises the question: Who is your core customer?

Ballmer: We don't have a core customer; we have lots of customers. We have a technology platform. Our job is to expand the capabilities of that core platform and to bring that platform alive to many core customers."

Wait, they just said they don't have a core customer, but they can bring a platform to many core customers.  Double bullshit speak.

This one is even better:
"eWeek: Are you saying the focus on access to source code is fundamentally misplaced?

Ballmer: Nobody wants to modify the operating system. However, some customers want to be able to support themselves. So providing tools for self-support is important. We have the biggest community in the world

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
« Reply #1 on: 20 November 2002, 00:16 »
You don't suppose he was referring to forums.fuckmicrosoft.com/linux when talking about Windows vs Linux sites do you?  
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #2 on: 20 November 2002, 00:22 »
question... what kind of "community" can you have when roughly 90% of the people who use Windows are FLAMING IDIOTS who barely know how to use AOL?
Go the fuck ~

Bazoukas

• Kudos: 140
    • http://whitehouse.com
« Reply #3 on: 20 November 2002, 02:26 »
How can there be a strong "community" if there is no open source?
 With close source you can prety much do  what MS allows you to do, nothing more.
  Sure you will learn Windos inside out, but after a while you will hit a brick wall, waiting for the new "hot" app from MS to play around.
 What a fucking bullshit.

Dont they realize that the backend is not owned by them?

My God isnt there HACKER/CRAKCER that will go in all MS databases and delete that fucking company?
Yeah

Crunchy(Cracked)Butter

• Kudos: 125
« Reply #4 on: 20 November 2002, 03:53 »
People post more on MS forums and sites because i bet it is from halfwits who don't know the shit reasons as to why windows is so fucking crap.  Its not a community of developers they are talking about vs linux dev, its a fucking shitload of ppl wandering aimlessly not knowing what to do with windows after they accidently leave their cup of tea on the computers built in cup holders while looking for ways to shutdown the pc when told to go to "Start".

mc0282

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #5 on: 20 November 2002, 04:44 »
Jimmy James, the was good oneLOL. because is true too
huh, what?

dbl221

« Reply #6 on: 20 November 2002, 05:43 »
its funny but I almost never find "support" answers for the Micro$hit software and systems I support on the M$ site.

hmm...kind a makes you think eh!
dbl221***Comp-Sys walking wounded

Doctor V

« Reply #7 on: 20 November 2002, 06:53 »
Big communities!  Lets all go and code with our Microsoft Foundation CLa$$es.  Lets use visual C++ that does half the work for you, but really makes no sense so you can create a bloated misconstrewn application that rips the registry a new asshole and then go blame it on ourselves cause these errors are user errors community.  M$ development tools are so fucked up that I get enraged every time I hear monkey boy or Billy 'Hitler II' Gates even say the work 'community of developers' when referring to business products.  Yet, both businesses and herd of morons rush to follow M$ wherever it may lead them while wearing blindfolds and earplugs.

DC

« Reply #8 on: 21 November 2002, 00:24 »
Well, technically he's right about the community bit. The MS userbase is much bigger.

However, practically, this is not the case - the MS community members have no real connection to the entire community, while the Linux community members do (more or less). That is the power of the Linux community - it lies in quality, not in quantity.
GS/CS d- s-: a--- C++ UL+ P+ L++>+++ E W++ N>+ o K- w-- O- M V? PS+>++ PE- Y+ PGP t+ 5+ X R tv+ b+++ DI+ D+ G++ e>++++ h! r- y
A quantummechanical wavefunction describing an unknown amount of bottles of beer on the wall
A quantummechanical wavefunction describing an unknown amount of bottles of beer on the wall
We take a measurement, the wavefunction will collapse, and one of the bottles of beer will fall