Author Topic: My site: Opinions, criticism, advice?  (Read 788 times)

Aaron Ni

• VIP
  • Kudos: 33
My site: Opinions, criticism, advice?
« on: 6 April 2002, 05:48 »
Here it is, it's been up since June of 2001, until Januarary it was made with Trellix software but it just looked shitty.  Then I just updated it a week ago.  This also appears to be the first "My site" style post so lets see if this catches on.

http://aaronennes.tripod.com/index.html
You know me.... really...

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #1 on: 6 April 2002, 06:24 »
Hey I like it. It's nice and clean and easy to understand. I like the motife with the "." infront of the various links.

One thing that does kind of bother me is the neon blue background. contrasting with the black makes it hurt my eyes after a while. Try toning it down a little or consider using white instead of black text .
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Aaron Ni

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: 6 April 2002, 06:58 »
It's sort of a slate blue but I'll check into toning it down, that's the first time someone's mentioned that.  Originally the background was bright blue, seriously bright.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #3 on: 6 April 2002, 07:07 »
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
It's sort of a slate blue but I'll check into toning it down, that's the first time someone's mentioned that.  Originally the background was bright blue, seriously bright.

Ya, web development can be tricky like this because it's bound to look diffrent on everyones monitors because of various factors etc. Best bet is to make sure your monitor is well callibrated, on a Mac I use ColorSync Im not sure what goes on on the PC side.

Also, it's a good idea to keep several browsers on your HD to get an idea how it looks. I saw your page using Mozilla. Finally, go to a friends house or log in using another computer just to make sure it's looking good on as many screens as you can find.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #4 on: 6 April 2002, 08:43 »
Make the blue lighter, blue is good, but not that gay WIndows XP blue..... Mandrake Linux Blue.

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
« Reply #5 on: 6 April 2002, 09:10 »
did you stop using trellix?

My site used to be made completely with trellix (except for the music pages), and now that i stopped using trellix and started doing everthing myself. I have found out that trellix did some stupid things to my site. I wouldnt have cared at all if i didnt want to switch it all over to my own HTML.

It makes a new menu frame for every page on my site.
It named all the pics a string of numbers, so it was hard for me to find out which one was which.

I have renamed all my pages (and their frames) and fixed it so that all the pages use the same menu.

I renamed all my pics (and i have a lot of them).

Now, i have to fix all the links in all my pages, so that you will see the images.

I still have a lot of work to do on it. I might have it finished by next week.

http://abyss.servebeer.com
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

Aaron Ni

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: 6 April 2002, 09:16 »
Yes Master I stopped using Trellix, it kept making the page names like "id20.htm id21.htm id17.htm" and it was hard to convert the site from Trellix to HTML, so I scrapped the whole thing and started from scratch.  Also the blue I had was #3366FF, I'm using #3399FF now, it's a bit lighter and isnt as bright.  Also I dont know what Mandrake Blue is, do you know the color #XXXXXX for it X11?

And thanks you guys, it's great to get some constructive criticism.