Author Topic: Iraqs new flag  (Read 4051 times)

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
Iraqs new flag
« Reply #15 on: 23 June 2004, 05:49 »
I kinda like it better than the old one.

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Iraqs new flag
« Reply #16 on: 23 June 2004, 06:31 »
Reminds you of something, Quirk?  :D

Aaron Ni

• VIP
  • Kudos: 33
Iraqs new flag
« Reply #17 on: 23 June 2004, 10:41 »
It's a countrie's flag, it's not supposed to be flashy or cool.  They're meant to identify with the country it belongs to and be distinguishable from other countries, though you'll see trends of similar designs like Aus, US, UK and some European countries and their 3 colour bar sectioned flags.
You know me.... really...

solarismka

• Kudos: 0
Iraqs new flag
« Reply #18 on: 23 June 2004, 13:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron-V4.0:
It's a countrie's flag, it's not supposed to be flashy or cool.  They're meant to identify with the country it belongs to and be distinguishable from other countries, though you'll see trends of similar designs like Aus, US, UK and some European countries and their 3 colour bar sectioned flags.

Thats correct, so why change it?
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
Iraqs new flag
« Reply #19 on: 24 June 2004, 06:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by Laukev7:
Reminds you of something, Quirk?   :D  

It reminds me of nothing! What if this funny picture you send me?!

;)

I knew someone was going to make that remark!

Aaron Ni

• VIP
Iraqs new flag
« Reply #20 on: 25 June 2004, 21:40 »
Why change it?

It's their country and not ours, let them change what they want.

solarismka

Iraqs new flag
« Reply #21 on: 26 June 2004, 07:42 »
quote:
Why change it?

It's their country and not ours, let them change what they want.

Accept that its not them that are changing the flag.  

But like you said and I quote.

quote:

It's their country and not ours,

So why are you(Meaning the U.S. Bush regime) changing it?

[ June 25, 2004: Message edited by: -=Solaris.M.K.A=- ]

[ June 25, 2004: Message edited by: -=Solaris.M.K.A=- ]

"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

Paladin9

• VIP
  • Kudos: 263
Iraqs new flag
« Reply #22 on: 26 June 2004, 10:57 »
quote:
Posted by nearly everyone else:
Flag this, flag that.

Who cares what the flag is going to be.  There are much more important things to worry about over there.

To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination

Aaron Ni

• VIP
Iraqs new flag
« Reply #23 on: 26 June 2004, 12:04 »
Warning for the intelligence impaired!

The text below does not represent my actual feelings, it's intended as humour.

So dont get your panties in a bind.

It's part of the US's "Democracy" package their selling to Iraq.

This country doesnt force democracy on other countries.  It kicks a countries boss out of office and offers to sale them freedom and democracy, this usually involves changing the flag to display their "Newfound patriotism" and other things of that ilk.

So technically They (Meaning Iraq) changed the flag, but only because it was part of the Democracy package deal they bought into.

EDIT: Edited so people dont get confused....

Idiots.

[ June 26, 2004: Message edited by: Aaron-V4.0 ]

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Iraqs new flag
« Reply #24 on: 26 June 2004, 23:58 »
quote:
Aaron-V4.0: It's part of the US's "Democracy" package their selling to Iraq.

This country doesnt force democracy on other countries.  It kicks a countries boss out of office and offers to sale them freedom and democracy, this usually involves changing the flag to display their "Newfound patriotism" and other things of that ilk.

So technically They (Meaning Iraq) changed the flag, but only because it was part of the Democracy package deal they bought into.

I think they changed the flag so that foreigners won't see Iraq as the Saddam country. Investors may be scared of if they saw the current Iraq flag.
The United States has every reason for Iraq to become a stable country, because of the oil. Yes, it sounds like a cliche but it's true.
Right now, investors like Chevron-Texaco and Royal Dutch Oil/Shell stay out of Iraq because of the ongoing killings in the region. And that's something that the Bush administration want the less. In a desparate attempt to get the world oil supply higher by "liberating" Iraq, they failed to see the consequences of the occupation of their troops.

Paladin9

• VIP
  • Kudos: 263
Iraqs new flag
« Reply #25 on: 27 June 2004, 00:17 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm:
I think they changed the flag so that foreigners won't see Iraq as the Saddam country.

Good point.  Others should see Iraq as a different country now.

To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination

solarismka

Iraqs new flag
« Reply #26 on: 27 June 2004, 01:51 »
quote:
It's part of the US's "Democracy" package their selling to Iraq.

Oh yea, that "democracy" package.  The same package that has killed innocent people and left the whole country in complete waste.

quote:

This country doesnt force democracy on other countries.

Of course not.  To do that you have to know what democracy is, your 'country' does not.  

quote:

It kicks a countries boss out of offic
e and offers to sale them freedom and democracy,

Really, then why haven't you kicked out Bush?

and offers to sale them freedom and democracy,

Translation:  Give us your oil or else!!!

quote:

this usually involves changing the flag to display their "Newfound patriotism" and other things of that ilk.

The why haven't you A.) Changed the U.S. Flag and B.) Kicked out Bush?  Since its America that needs to be 'liberated' more than Iraq.  

quote:

So Iraq baught this "Democracy package deal."

So when I come over to your house, rape your children, kill your wife I can then take everything you own and call it mine since thats a "Democracy package" you bought into. Of course you bught that 'Democracy Package' when I saw you pull  into your driveway with your shinny new car.    

In order for democracy to work you first should know what it is.  No its NOT invading other peoples countries, killing innocent people, establishing your own goverment and your own ownership and lastly YOU  have no right to change the flag since you are the cause not the solution to the problem.

[ June 26, 2004: Message edited by: -=Solaris.M.K.A=- ]

solarismka

Iraqs new flag
« Reply #27 on: 27 June 2004, 01:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm:

I think they changed the flag so that foreigners won't see Iraq as the Saddam country.

Thats bull.  Thats the same as seeing the american flag as Bush's country.  everyone knows that presedents and leaders change.

If you are going to state such then why not change the U.S. flag when Bush is gone?  

quote:

Investors may be scared of if they saw the current Iraq flag.

Well, investers ARE scared of america.  Not because of the flag but because of your 'leader.'

Guess that means you should change your flag.

quote:

The United States has every reason for Iraq to become a stable country, because of the oil. Yes, it sounds like a cliche but it's true.

I'm not going to argue with that.  It makes scense and is true.  But, killing innocent people, just for oil?

quote:

Right now, investors like Chevron-Texaco and Royal Dutch Oil/Shell stay out of Iraq because of the ongoing killings in the region. And that's something that the Bush administration want the less. In a desparate attempt to get the world oil supply higher by "liberating" Iraq, they failed to see the consequences of the occupation of their troops.

Well that I agree with.  But most of those buisnessess have done dealings with Saddam long before the invasion.  Infact Iraq used to pump over 1 Million Barrels of oil into the market and was one of the most active members towards OPEC.

The only difference is that the puppet (saddam) had lost his strings and the U.S didn't like that.  They could no longer control that oil.  Thus they invaded and istablished a  new puppet goverment.  This time consisting with one all american and 5 or 6 puppets.

solarismka

Iraqs new flag
« Reply #28 on: 27 June 2004, 02:07 »
Arron:

Besides you stated::

quote:
It's a countrie's flag, it's not supposed to be flashy or cool. They're meant to identify with the country it belongs to and be distinguishable from other countries, though you'll see trends of similar designs like Aus, US, UK and some European countries and their 3 colour bar sectioned flags.

So you ivaded a country, killed millions of people and recked everything that country stood for.  So your answer is that because you are now the so called 'leaders' you are the only ones allowed to change the flag.  Yet right there in your quote.

quote:

They're meant to identify with the country it belongs to and be

Well, since that country has nothing to do with the U.S. and no just because you invated it does not give you the right eather, why should you change the flag?  Are you an Iraqie citizen?  Do you live there?

Nope.  I rest my case.

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
Iraqs new flag
« Reply #29 on: 27 June 2004, 02:14 »
Why the hell did that need three seperate posts???
I'm inclined to delete them all.
Fix that shit up.
Contains scenes of mild peril.