Author Topic: Viruses and hackers make Windows more secure - Gates  (Read 1945 times)

sime

• Kudos: 4
    • http://www.azuro.com
Viruses and hackers make Windows more secure - Gates
« on: 28 January 2004, 16:18 »
Oh boy....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/35145.html

So let me get this straight... Bill's software is so insecure, badly written and full of bugs, that hackers and viri writers are now his test department.

Well isn't that just so Mickeysoft! So if Billy boy were the owner of the Ford motor company he would congratulate people involved in RTA's saying that all the deaths and accidents were in fact contributing to future road safety!

Pardon me for being stupid but shouldn't your software work CORRECTLY before you SELL it to companies and the general public Bill?  

STANDARDS, STANDARDS AND I SAY AGAIN STANDARDS, AND IF YOUR SOFTWARE DOES NOT MEET SET STANDARDS YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO SELL IT!

Sime
==================================================
If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem.

Sime@04
==================================================

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2004, 16:41 »
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TB

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2004, 17:22 »
Well the virus writers are simply providing feedback to all those developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers...............

EDIT: I also find it hilarious that Bill said that the "smartest" hackers are writing viruses for windows............yes, most those writers are about as intelligent as they are old-aged.

[ January 28, 2004: Message edited by: TB ]

Commander

• Kudos: 52
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2004, 23:42 »
bill probably doesnt even know what a hacker is....
Ballmer needs a firm kick in the ass.... (since he has no balls)

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2004, 00:20 »
quote:
"It would be wrong to say an operating system is more secure because nobody is attacking it," said Gates, in a clear dig at OS rivals such as Apple and Linux.

There he goes again...  :D   Did Bill know that Debian was attacked?  

quote:
Getting customers to apply patches - vital in cutting down routes viral spread - is a thorny issue for Microsoft. Only one in five (20 per cent) customers are up to date with patches, Gates says.

Yes, because you have to restart everything when you apply MS patches!  People in IT don't like rebooting major servers.  Plus, all the dumbass people use Windows.

That last statement brings me to what I think is a major point: PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT HOW THEIR COMPUTERS FUCKING WORK.  OSs like Linux try to teach their users about their computer, when Windows does no such thing.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

solarflare

« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2004, 00:37 »
As usual Bill Gates talks shit out of his arse!

I cannot understand how he gets away with saying this crap - microsoft is like some sort of brainwashing cult.

Do windows users actually believe this shit?

solarflare

« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2004, 00:44 »
Oh by the way I forgot to mention... I got an email with the new virus last night.

Unfortunately - I run Mac OS X Panther (this totally insecure operating system) - mac mail app just deleted it - shame I wanted to click on the attachment to see what it would do!

Being a Mac user for many years I wanted to experience the feeling of panic, fear and despair that every windows user feels when they hear the word 'virus'!!!

Shame - I'l have to wait for the next windows virus (next week then!)

LOL - You need your bloody head seeing to if you are anyway considering buying a fucking windows os pc!!!

Mistshadow

« Reply #7 on: 29 January 2004, 02:41 »
*falls over laughing*
"Given the choice between accomplishing something and just lying around, I'd rather lie around. No contest." - Eric Clapton

solarismka

« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2004, 05:53 »
Its the same shit, different year.
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

BouncingAyatollah

• http://www.bouncingayatollah.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 29 January 2004, 06:49 »
@all comments

ROTFL!   :D  

Windows - the only OS that makes your floppy drive go ...... WAGGADAGGADAGGADAGGGA!!!
The cheese would have to be subatomic size before quantum cheese effects would take over -- and then it wouldn't be identifiable as cheese any longer.

rklesla

« Reply #10 on: 4 February 2004, 19:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by WMD:
Yes, because you have to restart everything when you apply MS patches!  People in IT don't like rebooting major servers.  Plus, all the dumbass people use Windows.

I'd say most people don't update, because even the updates/patches have holes and bugs.  You get nowhere.  All there patches fix some bugs and create new ones.

Commander

• Kudos: 52
« Reply #11 on: 5 February 2004, 10:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by BouncingAyatollah:
Windows - the only OS that makes your floppy drive go ...... WAGGADAGGADAGGADAGGGA!!!
i swear to god that is so true!!!!!!!  i laughed my ass off when i read that one!! nice!!

EDIT: btw BA, u dont mind if i quote u on that do ya?

[ February 05, 2004: Message edited by: Commander ]

Ballmer needs a firm kick in the ass.... (since he has no balls)

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #12 on: 5 February 2004, 19:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by TB:
Well the virus writers are simply providing feedback to all those developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers...............

[ January 28, 2004: Message edited by: TB ]

i... love... this... COMPANY!

Duo Maxwell

• VIP
  • Kudos: 232
    • http://www.homepage.mac.com/duo_maxwell1/
« Reply #13 on: 6 February 2004, 04:54 »
quote:
Originally posted by X11: Sexier then you.:

i... love... this... COMPANY!

Yeah!!!

How stupid can somebody be? And yes, all windows users believe the shit that pours from his mouth.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #14 on: 5 February 2004, 01:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by Duo Maxwell:

Yeah!!!

How stupid can somebody be? And yes, all windows users believe the shit that pours from his mouth.

Sorry that file is in a nonstandard facist apple format, I am not a member of the Elite Apple Users party so I cant view it.

Please attempt being a little less closed minded and realise that some people like to run Linux, and forbid i say, Windows.