Author Topic: Rather dead lately...  (Read 2671 times)

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #75 on: 20 May 2004, 14:15 »
Solaris: SHUT THE FUCK UP

I'm with Jimmy on this one, you're stirrig up shit - go do your homework or something productive.
Contains scenes of mild peril.

Paladin9

• VIP
  • Kudos: 263
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #76 on: 20 May 2004, 22:40 »
Somewhere in the mac section Refalm said himself that Sauron is a troll.  So there you have it.  Refalm is the "Boss".

[ May 20, 2004: Message edited by: Paladin9 ]

To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination

solarismka

• Kudos: 0
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #77 on: 20 May 2004, 23:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by Tux:
Solaris: SHUT THE FUCK UP

I'm with Jimmy on this one, you're stirrig up shit - go do your homework or something productive.

?  Take your own advice on that.  Do something productive.
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

solarismka

Rather dead lately...
« Reply #78 on: 20 May 2004, 23:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by Sauron: Troll Warrior:

Yes. I have found I like the tweaking though, as I learn about the internals of the OS, and It can come in handy if something breaks.  Thats my opinion, and only mine.

My beef is with those that wish to make this site from a anti-ms site, to a anti-"everything but linux" site.  I HATE to see any OS be bashed without justification.  If I do see it, many times I step in and TRY to correct it peacefully.  I start to flame when I get flamed.

I live by the converse of the Golden Rule.

I never said it was you doing that, but there are those here, i'm not giving names out, who do try and force OSS on people, because it is OSS.  which is deeply annoying.

I 100% agree!  
  :D
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #79 on: 20 May 2004, 23:54 »
quote:
Originally posted by -=Solaris.M.K.A=-:
bleh

Try clicking this sometime.

insomnia

Rather dead lately...
« Reply #80 on: 21 May 2004, 00:08 »
I don't agree with sauron.

IMO supplying all sources does make an app better.
Since you keep bashing OSS without any reasons you don't seem to accept other opinions yourself.

PS: You also never make a difference between OSS an FSF...why is that?

[ May 20, 2004: Message edited by: insomnia ]

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    Voltaire

Injustice is happening now; suffering is happening now. We have choices to make now. To insist on absolute certainty before starting to apply ethics to life decisions is a way of choosing to be amoral.
R. Stallman

http://www.pvda.be/

xyle_one

• VIP
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #81 on: 21 May 2004, 04:19 »
quote:
Originally posted by insomnia:
I don't agree with sauron.

IMO supplying all sources does make an app better.
Since you keep bashing OSS without any reasons you don't seem to accept other opinions yourself.

PS: You also never make a difference between OSS an FSF...why is that?

[ May 20, 2004: Message edited by: insomnia ]

It would only make it better if whomever was looking the source actually knew what they were looking at, and actually spent time to make it better. Otherwise, its a waste of time. I have no need for the source. I don't know what Im looking at, and don't really care. If it is getting the job done, then I am happy.

The actual value of that software doesn't change to me if I have the source or not.

insomnia

Rather dead lately...
« Reply #82 on: 21 May 2004, 05:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by xyle_one:

It would only make it better if whomever was looking the source actually knew what they were looking at, and actually spent time to make it better. Otherwise, its a waste of time. I have no need for the source. I don't know what Im looking at, and don't really care. If it is getting the job done, then I am happy.

The actual value of that software doesn't change to me if I have the source or not.

OK.
But that doesn't count for everyone.
If you can't read it, you can't use it.
Still, it can't harm you either.
 ;)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    Voltaire

Injustice is happening now; suffering is happening now. We have choices to make now. To insist on absolute certainty before starting to apply ethics to life decisions is a way of choosing to be amoral.
R. Stallman

http://www.pvda.be/

xyle_one

• VIP
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #83 on: 21 May 2004, 06:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by insomnia:

OK.
But that doesn't count for everyone.
If you can't read it, you can't use it.
Still, it can't harm you either.
  ;)  

I just want to make something clear. I am a supporter of free software and open source. Just because I use and prefer to use closed source apps, does not mean I am by any means against the movement. If you remember correctly. I was one of the first to suggest the openopen project, even if Aaron was alot more vocal about it. Do a search, i am too lazy to look it up. Anyways. Im rambling. I am all for it. After reading about stalman(sp) and the ideals behind open source and free software, i have decided that the GPL is one of the most important documents in modern history. Right up there with the USAs Bill of Rights. Protection of information by making it accesible by everyone in every form. I could be wrong though...

solarismka

Rather dead lately...
« Reply #84 on: 21 May 2004, 06:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by xyle_one:

I just want to make something clear. I am a supporter of free software and open source. Just because I use and prefer to use closed source apps, does not mean I am by any means against the movement. If you remember correctly. I was one of the first to suggest the openopen project, even if Aaron was alot more vocal about it. Do a search, i am too lazy to look it up. Anyways. Im rambling. I am all for it. After reading about stalman(sp) and the ideals behind open source and free software, i have decided that the GPL is one of the most important documents in modern history. Right up there with the USAs Bill of Rights. Protection of information by making it accesible by everyone in every form. I could be wrong though...

Here here!   :D

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #85 on: 5 June 2004, 21:52 »

[ June 05, 2004: Message edited by: JimmyJames: GenSTEP Founder ]

Go the fuck ~

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #86 on: 5 June 2004, 10:48 »