Author Topic: Yay. New Comp.  (Read 576 times)

Interscope

• Kudos: 0
Yay. New Comp.
« on: 28 June 2002, 18:24 »
It's pretty good:
p4( =( ) 1.8 ghz
256ddr ram
60gb 7.200 rpms hd with 2mb cache
Windoez XPloited UK H0me edition(I hope all the Hardware is supported, because if it is, I can have Mandrake dual booted)
Most other stuff is onboard
And it speakers worth $65(Not Surround, I'd call a waste of money, but I didn't pay for it, my parents did. I got mine for about $6.50, 7 euros)
It has a DVD-Rom(Don't know at what speed)
Geforce 4 mx 440 64mbram( yet again, =( because it's a waste of money, a Geforce 3 Ti is a bit more expensive and much better)

Be happy for me, and pray that the hardware is supported.
Free it, goddamnit!

Computer security is very much like home security - you can take as many security precautions as you like but if you leave windows open, sooner or later you'll get broken into. - (Calum 2003)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Yay. New Comp.
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2002, 18:48 »
All good but it has Home Edition, build your own PC, or buy a mac either way... it wont get XP on it!

Interscope

• Kudos: 0
Yay. New Comp.
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2002, 19:15 »
It's not mine, It's the family comp(Still live with my parents, hehe)

I'm getting a job soon. Which is good. I'll build one or get a Mac.

Macs are expensive here( A g4 700mhz with a nvidia 32mb card was like $2000 0_O )

I really want a mac, they seem cool. And I've never been too pro-mac because I never used one(But I got some Aqua style XP themes and I have a Aqua theme for Gnome) But macs seem awesome, my comp class teacher is pro-mac. The Poor thing has to use Windoez on school, which makes him go crazy, when people ask him why he doesn't know how to use windoez software correctly he tells em he uses an Apple iMac, and they start laughing and say "Well, I use a Banana SuperPC, HAHAHHAHAHAHA".

Seriously, People there think they're good with Comps. I've seen this site of a girl. Horrible. And she uses I.E standards 0_O, poor thing... And when I tell em I use linux, then they say, "WTF is that? Is it form Microsoft" I tell em' it's an OS based on unix, then they say "what's unix???" That's an OS that was very popular before M$ coquered the market and once this guy said "Didn't microsoft invent computers?" And I allmost wanted to punch him.

Damn... I allways go off topic...

Anyway... Windoez sucks.

Please don't start, XPiss user 696969, I allready know that ix86 technology is superior to Macintosh and that Windows XP is much better than any Unix OS.
Free it, goddamnit!

Computer security is very much like home security - you can take as many security precautions as you like but if you leave windows open, sooner or later you'll get broken into. - (Calum 2003)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Yay. New Comp.
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2002, 19:19 »
Sharing computers is boring, i live with my perants and i got my own PC (Built) and i have tied XP and...

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it burns!

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Yay. New Comp.
« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2002, 20:45 »
I live with my parents and i got three computers... most I built myself. My parents got a crappy 'puter with win98 on it. That damn school board doesnt seem to support Linux, so in order to make report cards, my parent needs to have win98. I am gonna put a dual boot on it though.... that computer was also hand-built.
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
Yay. New Comp.
« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2002, 22:13 »
i need a new computer, considering the fastest one i own is only 400mhz and its x86. iv been looking into an amd athlon xp1800/*why did they have to gayify there chips names by using "p-ratings" and putting the words xp infront of it.*/ pentium 4's are slower then a similarly clocked athlon.
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!