Author Topic: Yawn. YAWSB.  (Read 795 times)

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Yawn. YAWSB.
« on: 17 July 2003, 21:46 »
YAWSB (Yet another Windoze security breach).

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030716/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_flaw_2

And they only found it EIGHT YEARS later. Egads.

Meshuggener

• Kudos: 0
Yawn. YAWSB.
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2003, 10:23 »
quote:
"This is one of the worst Windows vulnerabilities ever," said Marc Maiffret, an executive at eEye Digital Security Inc. of Aliso Viejo, Calif., whose researchers discovered similarly dangerous flaws in at least three earlier versions of Windows.

Looks like they outdid themselves again - nice way to start off Windows Server 2003.  Does Microsoft know about their bugs most of the time and just hope no one finds them - that way their software doesn't seem to be as shoddy as it is?  If they spent hundreds of millions of dollars on security improvements then you'd think they'd find something that big.

quote:
The announcement came one day after the Department of Homeland Security announced that it awarded a five-year, $90-million contract for Microsoft to supply all its most important desktop and server software for about 140,000 computers inside the new federal agency.

This is what frightens me the most.  C'mon, the people (monkeys?) at MS can't keep their software bugs and flaws straight, so if there's a logical reason why they have an important job protecting the U.S. then I'd like to hear it.  Homeland Security will spend more time making sure the agency is secure rather than the country.

Stilly

• Kudos: 29
    • http://kickassshit.tk/
Yawn. YAWSB.
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2003, 14:12 »
They had a short bit aboot that on fox news

me and my dad were laughing
just say know

jasonlane

• http://www.root10.net
Yawn. YAWSB.
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2003, 16:02 »
Jeeez! How much longer are people prepared to put up with this crap?

Have you noticed how they seem to always come in three's, like British buses.
The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don

baggab

Yawn. YAWSB.
« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2003, 17:36 »
This is great PR for Linux and should help to offset the "stab in the back" from SCO.

I note they are using the phrase "trustworthy computing," it has a nice folksy ring to it.  If people only understood the real implications of "trusted computing" -- doubleplusgood.

slvadcjelli42

Yawn. YAWSB.
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2003, 23:38 »
Nice use of Newspeak, baggab  ;)

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Yawn. YAWSB.
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2003, 02:38 »
quote:
I note they are using the phrase "trustworthy computing," it has a nice folksy ring to it.  If people only understood the real implications of "trusted computing" -- doubleplusgood.

tht would make a fun signature  ;)
oh yeah, seconded about the use of newspeak