Author Topic: Your education  (Read 763 times)

Aaron Ni

• VIP
  • Kudos: 33
Your education
« Reply #15 on: 24 August 2002, 21:29 »
Am I the only high school dropout here?   :confused:  

2 Trimesters of Freshmen year in high school before I enrolled in homeschool to work a real job.

Yes, I was in homeschool for records but I wasnt taking any tests, all I did was work stump grinding and a metal shop.

Now after 2 years I decided I should get my GED since I only had 6 credits towards a 24 credit diploma.  The teacher at the community college said I'd pass the test easily and asked if I was interested in running start classes.  I took the placement test and passed.

So...

Writing 101 I passed by 3 points...

Art I passed well enough.

Typing classes aced. (Yes.. I'm a self taught typer from chatrooms but I had to take typing classes for a programming class.)

Visual Basic class, I failed miserably.  I'm no programmer!

So then I took welding classes.. and damn I love it!  And I'm a good welder.  Now I work for a 50% stake in metal shop and do stump grinding on the side.

Do you see why I'm not jumping into all the technical threads now?  
You know me.... really...

dbl221

• Kudos: 0
Your education
« Reply #16 on: 24 August 2002, 18:55 »
choasforages asked:
quote:
does canada have anything like the nsa, you know, systems your not supposed to know exist, and other monkey business,

Yes Canada does have a branch of the government/military that monitors all your communications, can't remember the name though.

In general there is a counterpart to most of the U.S. organizations...just with different names.  So is everyone in the U.S. in the military or just the people on this board?
dbl221***Comp-Sys walking wounded

theangelofdeath69

• http://www.kaltemartech.com/
Your education
« Reply #17 on: 24 August 2002, 19:05 »
Well, I have School Certificate in Maths, English, Science and Text & Information Management.

Of course, you'll have no idea what I'm talking about because I'm in NEW ZEALAND (which is absolutely nowhere near Mexico)
Specifications are for the weak and timid!
You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment on his code!
Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.
You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Your education
« Reply #18 on: 24 August 2002, 19:11 »
I have studied lots about Computers over the years, i had my first computer when i was about 6 which was a TI/99/48A or somthing, which i taught myself basic . From then i have taught myself many languages, HTML, C++, pascal, and so on.

I also have been interested in electronincs since i was about 7 or somthing. Which is benifical, i have read many books on CMOS, and i have almost read "Structured Computer Organizeation" which is a book on Computers from the electronic level up.

Other interests are history, being a hippy.

Bad habits are using payphones without paying, ect, finding security flaws in the drink machine at school ( :D  - Hacking)

I First heard of Linux when i was 12 when i was type n lik dis nd l00kin up W1n nu|<e's which i came accross www.ryanspc.com and there linux caught my eye. Late that year i seen a boox in the newsagent. So i got it and decided to move to Linux. Since then Linux has told me how shuddy WIndows is and if i meet bill gates i will.
  • Approch him
  • Hold up fist
  • Open fist saying "Open Hand, Open Source"
  • Bitchslap him

and for linus torvalds
  • Approch him
  • say "Gedday mate, wasssssssssssup, can i have your autograph please   :rolleyes:  

theangelofdeath69

• http://www.kaltemartech.com/
Your education
« Reply #19 on: 24 August 2002, 19:16 »
Ah... Open Hand Open Source, you say.

Good concept.  Then of course you meet users on this site who HONESTLY BELIEVE that Open Source is evil.

(Bunch of lunatics)

Then, I actually have a copy of Linux round here somewhere.  Why am I not using it, you may ask?

Uh, I actually managed to damage a Linux installation beyond repair.  I installed WebMin!

Then, I realised that there was no Linux support for my printer.  Bugger.

Yes, I'm a Windows Use-

STOP 0x3E UNKNOWN_ERROR   :mad:
Specifications are for the weak and timid!
You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment on his code!
Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.
You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!