Author Topic: SuSE 9.0 Coming SOON!  (Read 333 times)

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
SuSE 9.0 Coming SOON!
« on: 1 October 2003, 04:57 »
SuSE.com

quote:
 SUSE LINUX today announced the availability October 24 of its newest consumer product - bringing to the consumer the latest advances in Linux technology.

SUSE LINUX 9.0 -- the first home user operating system platform to leverage AMD's Athlon 64 processor -- enables easier Windows migration by supporting NTFS file systems and also gives experienced users a sneak peek at the enhanced capabilities of the 2.6 Linux kernel - with many of those capabilities back-ported into the 2.4 default kernel as well. SUSE's latest release provides additional administration and tuning features as well as an expanded slate of software packages.

"SUSE LINUX 9.0 brings together the past, present and future of Linux," said Holger Dyroff, general manager, Americas, SUSE LINUX. "Building on the Linux heritage of stability, security and flexibility, SUSE LINUX 9.0 brings advanced features and easy migration - providing users a path from costly proprietary systems."  

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
SuSE 9.0 Coming SOON!
« Reply #1 on: 2 October 2003, 10:54 »
Looks good. I used 8.2 for a bit (My first linux distro    ) and enjoyed it quite a bit. Right now I am using Red Hat 9, and that is working out real well, but I want to check out SuSE again. Good thing its only $40  ;)

On a more depressing note, I lost my SuSE 8.2 cd #1. Sucks. I think i gave it a way on accident when i traded my dvdrom  :(

Faust

• Kudos: 0
SuSE 9.0 Coming SOON!
« Reply #2 on: 2 October 2003, 14:26 »
Oh well, whoever got your DVD drive might end up booting into a strange new world.  ;)
Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that
 -- http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/error-haiku.html

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
SuSE 9.0 Coming SOON!
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2003, 23:01 »
ITM