Author Topic: XP SP2 no longer safe  (Read 1337 times)

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
XP SP2 no longer safe
« on: 22 October 2004, 02:36 »
2 new holes open XP SP2 up for attack despite SP2's "innovative" "Security Center".

:rolleyes:  

Article

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
XP SP2 no longer safe
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2004, 12:21 »
I tried SP2, and I have no idea what all the fuss is about.

It's got some really annoying firewall that makes no real difference to crackers.
SP2 is absolete. If I wanted a firewall, a browser with an integrated pop-up blocker and a bloated media player in Windows XP, I'd download ZoneAlarm, Firefox and RealPlayer. It's actually better that way and securer that way.
Because really, that's all there is to SP2, a crappy firewall, a wannabe browser and a bloated media player.

Xeen

• VIP
XP SP2 no longer safe
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2004, 07:59 »
Don't forget there's also DirectX 9 in there too.

As for the integrated popup blocker, it's a total piece of inconvinient shit. It's not as smart as the one in Mozilla and it blocks stuff that it shouldnt.

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
XP SP2 no longer safe
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2004, 08:10 »
quote:
Originally posted by xeen:
Don't forget there's also DirectX 9 in there too.

As for the integrated popup blocker, it's a total piece of inconvinient shit. It's not as smart as the one in Mozilla and it blocks stuff that it shouldnt.

Qhat's wrong with directx 9? You'll need it to play the latest games. (That and an nvida card)

Xeen

• VIP
XP SP2 no longer safe
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2004, 03:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by Canadian Lover:

Qhat's wrong with directx 9? You'll need it to play the latest games. (That and an nvida card)

I don't play games on my computer. And I don't appreciate billy shoving the latest versions of everything down my throat without my approval.