Author Topic: Windows 2000 file protection  (Read 1277 times)

alied_perez

• Kudos: 0
Windows 2000 file protection
« on: 4 June 2002, 05:12 »
Have you heard about the Windows 2000 file protection? It's suposed to protect the Windows 2000 system files. If it finds a system file changed, it just prompts you for the original Instalation CD so it can copy the corrupted files. If, like my case, a virus like W32/Elkern.cav.c infects lots of Windows Files it will prompt for the Original Windows 2000 Professional CD for replacing the infected files...even if there is no CD drive. There's no way to copy these files if they are in a network share or in your HDD.

Yesterday I cleaned my WS at work and today It is again full of thies virus. I've removed e-mail, shares with writting permission, and everything wich is not for Soft Developping, but this is not enough; I did not remove the main infection source: Windows.

I hope to finish this work as fast as I can, so I can move to a new job is waiting for me. Here I'll change the OS, hardware and language. There is a Digital UNIX waiting for me to root it.

Wish me luck
Windows 95 (win-doz-nin-te-fiv) n. Computer
32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
« Reply #1 on: 4 June 2002, 05:40 »
good luck.
Remember We are all Bob
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

iustitia

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2002, 21:58 »
Well, I'm happy for you now that you won't have do deal w/ Windows anymore.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have found the trillionth easily preventable bug in a Microsoft OS.  You have just won the privlage of being frustrated with an over priced, unreliable OS that makes you conform to its standards.  How does that make you feel?