Operating Systems > Not Quite Mainstream OSes

Another ASM written OS

(1/9) > >>

Hawkuletz:
Can be found here
It's *very* small, quite simple to develop for, is fast and is completely written in ASM.
I myself written a small app for it myself.. It took me a few hours.
On the top of the page, meaning Hostile Encounter you can find a game written completely in ASM as well. Unfortunatelly for w$nd$ws, but I think some of you will still be able to try it.
Both these projects should prove to you that ASM programming is still of use.
Waiting for your comments,
Hawk.

[ April 21, 2003: Message edited by: Hawkuletz ]

psyjax:
I guess this means we are all SOL.

HAHAHAHAHHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!

no no wait....

Marketing the OS will see you SOL!

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Porting the OS leaves programmers SOL!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA rOFL!!!!!

Hawkuletz:
Hmm! That SOL stands for the name of the company supporting the system, that is Solar Software. From what I've seen arount this forum you're pretty good at making fun of others.. Are you as good at making programs? Or operating systems? One person said around here that a 'decent' (I wonder, what would decent mean to him?) loader would took several months to accomplish. Yeah, right, if you need to learn programming first, perhaps it would take months. Or worse. But if you have some knowledge about the way computers really work it's not that hard, nor that time consuming.
You're no less than the guy who got the idea of writing an OS. He started with the name. And some weird and strange impressions of what it should contain. But you can't see more than him since instead of looking at the source code of the program, or at least try it to see how it works you're just making fun of a name.
Another point: MENUET is listed on this site. It is another OS completely written in ASM. What more could you ask for? I just wanted to prove the fact that it is POSSIBLE and NOT THAT HARD to write a complete OS in ASM. Try MENUET if SOL OS is too funny a name to even consider runing it then tell me what you think about ASM OS programming.

Pantso:
Hey Hawkuletz, don't get psyjax wrong. I don't believe that he was making fun of you or the outcome of your effort. I'm sure that you have invested a respectable amount of time and effort to this project.   ;)  

I'm not a programmer or a software engineer and above all I don't know how to program in ASM. I appreciate your effort however.  

rtgwbmsr:
Mmmmmmmm...if we could get games on that thing...it would be awesome! Port Quake I or something...the fastest quake in the world...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version