Author Topic: Stupid Internet questions  (Read 5304 times)

pkd_lives

• Kudos: 0
Stupid Internet questions
« Reply #30 on: 19 January 2003, 08:38 »
Well I fucking did it, ha. Except that it is on port 8000   :(   and I have to learn html because the site looks really really shite, and I have to see if this project is going to happen, and I have to get security and stuff set up, so lots of real intense learning going on now. But thanks
Tough - Adapt or die : Read The Fucking Manual.

Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #31 on: 20 January 2003, 14:54 »
right on. i wish i had a static ip address, then i could at least try to get a web server up.
what is the address of your site, maybe i couldhelp with the design. im always looking for some way to expand my skill as an artist (not that i consider corporate art real art, but whatever, you can still do dope shit for a shitty corp site)

pkd_lives

« Reply #32 on: 20 January 2003, 20:10 »
I don't have a static IP, but read through Voids' post earlier on and you will find a way to do it, I just have DSL with a changing IP, although I don't think I have the client working properly, you can update manually easily enough.

It is now down (that project is kind of on hold) and I am now working on a different site for someone, who is a musician, and it's not really that coporate, after all it is just trying to make a living.

It's just projects I am working on, and all of it for free, I get to see this stuff being performed, which is a barter system, which I much prefer, so I help someone out, and I get free entertainment of high quality music.

arsehole

« Reply #33 on: 20 January 2003, 23:50 »
you should not get on the internet with linux because linux sends all of your data and info to linus trovalds

i am an imposter and my ip is 66.119.33.170
of course it is a proxy like all my other IP addresses, my real name is Walt however. I do hope you get the chance to meet me one day so you can shove my cowardly little teeth down my throat in person.

[ January 21, 2003: Message edited by: Calum ]

pkd_lives

« Reply #34 on: 21 January 2003, 02:04 »
He has provided me with a great OS that is more capable than M$s' offering, and it is for free, I certainly don't object if he knows who I am.

xyle_one

• VIP
« Reply #35 on: 21 January 2003, 03:02 »
there should be a way to stop people from using the same name on these forums.

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
« Reply #36 on: 21 January 2003, 08:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by Xyle: iGeek...:
there should be a way to stop people from using the same name on these forums.
your right.

void recomended www.dyndns,org for dynamic IPs, there is also www.no-ip.com

[ January 20, 2003: Message edited by: The Master of Reality / Bob ]

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

xyle_one

• VIP
« Reply #37 on: 21 January 2003, 08:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by The Master of Reality / Bob:
your right.

void recomended www.dyndns,org for dynamic IPs, there is also www.no-ip.com

[ January 20, 2003: Message edited by: The Master of Reality / Bob ]

i setup an account with dyndns.org. I am going to go through that pdf document. starting tonight. I have a question about the setup of my home network..
this is how it is setup now. i have all of my machines and the dsl router connected to my 5 port switch. is the way i have it setup now going to be a problem when i setup a webserver. it seems like it is going to, but i don't know. Should i steup a machine with two ethernet adapters in it, and have the dsl go to one, and then have the switch connected to the other. and then share the internet connection from the server??

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #38 on: 21 January 2003, 14:21 »
meh fuck harddisk, build a 300gb array of ddr held up by batteries.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #39 on: 21 January 2003, 15:56 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
[QB]you should not get on the internet with linux because linux sends all of your data and info to linus trovalds

i am an imposter and my ip is 66.119.33.170
of course it is a proxy like all my other IP addresses, my real name is Walt however. I do hope you get the chance to meet me one day so you can shove my cowardly little teeth down my throat in person.

who's "linus trovalds", fucktard?
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
« Reply #40 on: 21 January 2003, 16:41 »
hey calum, did ya notice how everyone else seemed to ignore his post and still posted soemthing with relevance to the thread?

and xyle, the internet goes through a dsl router then through a switch then to the computers? Does the DSL router have a built-in firewall? I know the router i installed at my work had a builtin firewall but you could tell it to forward certain ports so you could easily run a web/mail/dns/etc. server behind it.

[ January 21, 2003: Message edited by: The Master of Reality / Bob ]

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
« Reply #41 on: 21 January 2003, 19:34 »
Why do you stupid bastards think that I am the guy who is impersonating your sorry asses? Keep this in mind. I work and I have a real life(friends, g/f's and other shit to do that is more important than fucking with you dorks). To make a long story short, I do not have time for you people.

If you really think you have something on me, come on over to Terre Haute, Indiana in the USA and we will see whats up. If you ever decide you want to come here just PM me or send me an E-Mail and I will gladly give you a place to meet me at(Calum). Be warned, I will have some of my dawgs with me for backup in case you decide to bring some of your nerdy ass friends. If you do show up alone I will send my nigga's on thier way and I will beat your mother fucking ass until you aren't going to get up.

I get tired of you weak ass bitches. Fuck off unless you really want some. Mother fuckers.

BTW, did you ever take your time to think that it could be RRS, Flaming Bag of Poo or one of the other MS supporters who is impersonating your worthless asses? Who knows, it could even be some person who has never posted in this forum with a legit name. Maybe the guy just gets a kick out of seeing you guys trip. :LOL:

[ January 21, 2003: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #42 on: 21 January 2003, 19:40 »
It must be zombie, becuase otherwise he would not care. He is afraid we will expose him!

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
« Reply #43 on: 21 January 2003, 19:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by X11:
It must be zombie, becuase otherwise he would not care. He is afraid we will expose him!

Really, if it was me I would take credit for it because quite frankly, I think it is hilarious. The imposter has done a really good job of pissing you guys off. I think he has done a better job of getting a rise out of you guys than I did. He/She has caused you guys to talk about leaving the forums a few times(something that I have never accomplished).

If I could rate the imposter I would give him a 5 star. To the imposter, "Keep up the good work".  

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #44 on: 21 January 2003, 20:05 »
Zombie you low life goto your own forums.

Really we know its you.