Author Topic: another hack (tcl/tk)  (Read 908 times)

beltorak0

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.angelfire.com/realm/beltorak
another hack (tcl/tk)
« on: 14 January 2003, 12:05 »
concerning burning mp3 songs to an audio cd without wasting disk space with useless .wav's....

Unlike my last one, this is serious.  it is (right now) in two parts.  One functional, but fugly... the other pretty, but without the functionality of the first one dropped in yet.

TODO:
  • drop in the functionality
  • change it so that you actually get feedback while the program is doing it's thing, instead of after it has all gone wrong (or finished, whatever you half-full/empty outlook is)
  • add functionality to some of the candy that is hinted at in the interface (reading mp3 tags for info is a good one, configuration is another).
  • expand it to include two players -- one for previewing, the other for the entire playlist -- i have madplay and xmms in mind, may change to mpg321 for both; see .below.
  • throw in a CLI just for the heck of it.

.below: the programs mp3burn and gtkmp3burn were my inspiration; but they both use mpg123, and for a mysterious reason mp123 stopped behaving rationally.  It would barf on the song during decode, and hang the program.  After peering into both perl scripts, i decided to make tkmp3burn (xmp3burn was taken, and should be called qtmp3burn for consistency of implementation, but hey...).  So after peering into the perl scripts, I wrassled my own implementation out of them, and decided to use madplay.  at least it doesn't barf on me. ymmv.

tkmp3burn is the functional one, tkburn is the pretty one.  tkburn does have a few nice features tho, it'll read and translate a windows list to unix FS format, but you might have to change the variable "gdir(Cmnt)" to reflect where the windows partition is mounted.  It automatically discards whitespace and comments (that xmms loves to through in there) as well as not-found files upon playlist-load.

oh, and the error feedback UI needs some work too.  But i have lost a little more than enough sleep over it this week.  I might have more time to work on it soon (i hope)...

$link
from Attrition.Org

quote:
Like many times before, Microsoft is re-inventing the wheel and opting for something other than round.

-t.

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
another hack (tcl/tk)
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2003, 17:27 »
wheres the source code?

[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: The Master of Reality / Bob ]

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

beltorak0

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.angelfire.com/realm/beltorak
another hack (tcl/tk)
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2003, 01:02 »
it's a tcl/tk script.  it is the source code.

use yer favorite text editor;

Tcl/Tk info

-t.
from Attrition.Org

quote:
Like many times before, Microsoft is re-inventing the wheel and opting for something other than round.

-t.