Author Topic: Samba is Driving Me Crazy  (Read 948 times)

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Samba is Driving Me Crazy
« on: 10 March 2003, 03:50 »
okay. this might be more of a windows problem, but i am going to bring it up anyways. i have samba working on my redhat 8 box. i can access this windows machine & my mac from nautilis smb://ecs, and i can see the redhat box from windows network neightborhood. i just cant access it. maybe i missed something in the smb.conf file..
Code: [Select]
i have looked everywhere, and have tried several different config files and it all comes down to the same thing. windows cannot access the shares icon_evil.gif

Stryker

• VIP
  • Kudos: 41
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2003, 21:50 »
what version of windows?

xyle_one

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2003, 17:27 »
oh sorry, i should have given a little more info. Im running redhat 8, windows 2k w/service pack2, & mac osx.2.3 i dont even need the windows machine to connect, since i use my mac about 95% of the time, it just really got under my skin that redhat could mount, browse, and write files to windows shares, but windows couldnt.

Stryker

• VIP
  • Kudos: 41
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2003, 03:32 »
try changing security to user and then adding some users to samba

xyle_one

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2003, 03:02 »
when i turn the firewall off, it works fine. so i guess i should write some rules in my firewall to open those ports when they are called on or something.. anyone care to help me do this. no?. cool. thats why i bought a book.  ;)