Author Topic: Some thoughts on the whole RIAA thing  (Read 1189 times)

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
Some thoughts on the whole RIAA thing
« on: 13 September 2003, 01:33 »
I read this article today and was thinking, is there really a need for an umbrella organisation such as RIAA? The music companies can work as well without this agency. The bands and companies connected to RIAA seem to be more worse for every album they put out, how come?

I have a theory about this, the reason for us thinking music is getting worse and worse is because all music have already been composed. All we do now is vary the theme already being written by others. After 1992 there have been no development in music making at all, as I see it.

Another theory is that executive people and bosses at RIAA and other organisations are getting greedy and thus betting their money on the things that works, which is easy beats, licks and riffs which come again and again, as well as cute singers who look like barbie dolls.

Now, RIAA, is on the war path, claiming that we internet people have done a hideous crime against mankind (not in these words but almost) and are suing people for downloading music off the internet. This woman is, however, fighting back. Let
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

Doctor V

• Kudos: 0
Some thoughts on the whole RIAA thing
« Reply #1 on: 13 September 2003, 21:19 »
quote:
Originally posted by cahult:

Don