Author Topic: Gateway to Ship PCs with Pre-Installed DRM Music Files  (Read 1112 times)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
"News.com has an article about Gateway's decision to bundle Pressplay's music service with its PCs. Of interest is the fact that 2000 popular songs will come pre-installed, helping reduce download time for those of us with modems." I wonder how much Pressplay is paying for this privilege. All sorts of interesting legal wrinkles here: you're buying a computer which contains data that you cannot legally access.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Gateway to Ship PCs with Pre-Installed DRM Music Files
« Reply #1 on: 7 December 2002, 23:50 »
Why would I want 2000 "popular" songs on my hard-drive?

I'd remove most of that shit and download music that I like, and not the clueless large-company's-loving morons that make up most of the society.

SpeeDFreaK

• Kudos: 109
« Reply #2 on: 9 December 2002, 03:17 »
I'm just waiting for someone to release a massive crack for that.
"George Bush says 'we are losing the war on drugs'. Well you know what that implies? There's a war going on, and people on drugs are winning it! Well what does that tell you about drugs? Some smart, creative motherfuckers on that side."  --Bill Hicks

Doogee

• VIP
  • Kudos: 109
    • http://m-db.info
« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2002, 11:16 »
well i had a look at some article on HowStuffWorks and it explains pressplay pretty well.
These 2000 songs would probably not work if you didnt pay your fee at the end of the month. its just a lock in. put some songs on yadda yadda yadda but wait you can only have them for a month then you have to pay. and some retards will pay, i assure you.