Author Topic: Palladium  (Read 1710 times)

evincent

• Kudos: 0
Palladium
« on: 28 March 2003, 04:48 »
I read the newest article from the website microsoft-watch.com. Microsoft will be releasing a demo at the end of the May with will feature the hardware/software death combo (NGSCB). I am too upset for words. If you dont know what Palladium or secure computing base is I would advise you to do some research. Do we all need to find a way to build chips to protect our own privacy? should we have to go that far? I want my computer and everything in it to be MINE! is that too much to ask? This technology isnt limited to microsoft - it will be on every electronic device ( even your TV remote ) This a serious issue that chaps my hide! Most idiots will rush out and but the latest and greatest technology and not even know how to use it or even care what it does behind the scenes, which makes the fate of the world of technology in peril for the people who really care....DAMN YOU MICROSOFT, DAMN YOU WHINNY ARTISTS WHO THINK THAT SHARING IS WRONG, DAMN YOU POWER HUNGRY MULTI-NATIONAL CONGLOMERATES, and most of all, DAMN THE PEOPLE THAT ARE WORKING ON THIS TECHNOLOGY! Don't they have a heart?

:mad:

smokey

Palladium
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2003, 16:07 »
maybe you are mistaking bad for good

the fact that people will be FORCED to upgrade to this technology - and even other technologies to remain compatibile with everyone else will pressure people to question why they even should literally replace their existing hardware & software.

maybe some of the masses will upgrade - but I have talked to and overheard many people talking about windows and upgrading and even the word palladium and evil thrown arround.
//this is how I was born :)

cat /dev/urandom > /dev/mybrain

Tip for win98 (l)users: type copy /con/con in your command prompt to increase stability

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Palladium
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2003, 16:27 »
and i think your anger at performers for being 'whinny' is misplaced, when the performers are usually getting shafted by the whiney (and worse) agents and labels et cetera who are the real sourpusses.

bands like, let me think, well radiohead, green day and smashing pumpkins have always said that their music should be shared as widely as possible, i mean all live/demo recordings and stuff, but i always see a trail of sad faces on the internet where some fucking promo company has forced some guy to take down his live music site and threatened him with court action. i am most pissed off about dailysp.diaryland.com which provided one live pumpkins track per day for nearly two years, for free download. they were shut down by some shitty danish promo company, who threatened court action.

i don't believe the band would approve since they already split up, and before they did they released an entire five disk set independently of their record label, instructing the world to bootleg it, since it wasn't going to be distributed any other way. the press release actually said the lp was 'a final fuck you' to their label. many artists are just as open about their material as the open source community is, but they find themselves having to enter into exclusive agreements just to be heard in the first place. and that's what you should be angry about.

[ March 28, 2003: Message edited by: Calum: crusader for justice & peace ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Palladium
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2003, 17:05 »
Note 1: Most bands make more money out of Video Clip contracts (MTV, all that crap), Gigs, and other crap then they do from CD's.

Note 2: ITS THE RECORD COMPANYS THAT ARE BITCHING

Note 3: Mettelica are not a band, they are sellouts, so they are no included.

Interscope

Palladium
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2003, 00:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by X11:
Note 1: Most bands make more money out of Video Clip contracts (MTV, all that crap), Gigs, and other crap then they do from CD's.

Note 2: ITS THE RECORD COMPANYS THAT ARE BITCHING

Note 3: Mettelica are not a band, they are sellouts, so they are no included.

I'm going to see the Sell-Outs on the 15th of june.

yay.
Free it, goddamnit!

Computer security is very much like home security - you can take as many security precautions as you like but if you leave windows open, sooner or later you'll get broken into. - (Calum 2003)

mc0282

Palladium
« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2003, 08:50 »
What piss me the fuck off the most is, Movie and Record company bitching they're not making money,how the fuck the movie people is not making movie? if there're alot movie have come out has hit 200 millions dollars mark and higher, how the fuck  record company is not making money if artist are saling cd like crazy ? Seriously people most be stupid or fucking blind. I swear when i hear a new fucking virus or worm have unleashed, i already imaging how many moron's are using outlook express. check this out my cousin is studying computer enginer  and this fuck use microsoft product like crazy and even runs a server, i told the idiot if you going to deal with money don't use windows. he said,"nah i'm cool, im going to be using  hardware firewall and  128bit encryption so on". oh come on!! if a fucking hacker could get into goverment computer what make you think he can't get into your system ? so i realize this dude is moron.I
realize most of these company the use microsoft product is because they're lazy to learn something new and sucking micorosoft cock because they hold 95% market. I find  nothing fun about a chip controling my system or watching out for my Privacy.. why people don't say,"oh im tire of microsoft bullshit product?"..  since the begining of this year  i start to tell my customer i build there system , i'm not responsible for what windows do to your hardware,files,hard drive,etc... if you want stable system take your money invest it  on apple computer..  When this fucking Palladium  bullshit happends, i bet you alot customer are going to be complainting about chip and about windows controling my fucking file's and what i download. i know alot people these day download illegal shit so on.
huh, what?

Brad

Palladium
« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2003, 09:04 »
Give the record companies a few years.. and I'll realize they make money off of people downloading stuff from p2p networks, they had the same misgivings about radio. I've personaly bought CD's I would have never bought because I previewed more than just the song or two you hear on the radio, and the songs I don't legaly own, I would have never bought anyway.

ChakanTGM

• http://crackice.cjb.net
Palladium
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2003, 22:50 »
If this new technology that Intel/MS (aka Wintel) is  peddling is going to actually limit what goes in or comes out of your computer, then there is something wrong with it.

As far as I'm concerned, fuck the record companies. If technology permits people to share and download music/movies/images/etc, then record companies should adapt or go belly up just like any other outdated industry. Government and Big Corporations don't has the right to inflict punishment upon the people because they aren't adaptive enough to protect their assets.

That's almost like if I discovered a way to extract oil out of water, and Exxon or my Government decides that all of a sudden what I'm doing is illegal.

I think they know that the future of the music industry lies in the hands of the individual artist, with nothing more than a PC as a recording studio. Let them run scared, but don't let them tread on us.
crackice.cjb.net

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
Palladium
« Reply #8 on: 3 April 2003, 07:47 »
Why aren
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

slave

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
Palladium
« Reply #9 on: 3 April 2003, 07:54 »
Don't buy CDs at all; only 4% of the profits go to the artist anyway.  You'd be giving them more by just mailing them a dollar.  The other 96% of the sale goes to some fatcat working for the RIAA.  The only way to get rid of the music industry is to quit feeding it.  Don't worry, music existed long before the "music industry" and it will certainly exist after its gone.

mc0282

Palladium
« Reply #10 on: 3 April 2003, 08:48 »
Linux user,i agree with you.. but not many people  don't know about that.
huh, what?

theangelofdeath69

• http://www.kaltemartech.com/
Palladium
« Reply #11 on: 28 April 2003, 13:58 »
Yes, that's why Kazaa LITE (I STRESS THE LITE) is good
Specifications are for the weak and timid!
You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment on his code!
Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.
You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
Palladium
« Reply #12 on: 5 May 2003, 06:02 »
Dont buy any CD's for yourself or as gifts and stock pile as many blank CD's as you can.  If the RIAA had its way you would need a licensce to buy them

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
Palladium
« Reply #13 on: 6 May 2003, 21:02 »
Go here: MacWizard's Music. Here, you will find some really good stuff, every bit as good as anything you can hear on the radio, or buy from any RIAA label. All of it by independent, non-RIAA artists.

Be sure to follow the links, as these lead to lots of free music, all of it completely legal to download. If you really want to stick it to the RIAA, find someone you like, and order some CDs.      

The cost is usually a fourth of what you'll pay for a RIAA CD, the artists get the lion's share of the proceeds, and you won't be stuck with a CD that has the one good song you heard on the radio with 10, 11, or more "filler" (read: suxxors) tracks.

The RIAA may have a monopoly, but it sure as hell ain't on talent.      :D

"There: now you'll never have to look at those dirty Windows anymore"
      --Daffy Duck

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: jtpenrod ]

Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

Doctor V

Palladium
« Reply #14 on: 6 May 2003, 20:32 »
Damn Straight!

Best way to shut down the RIAA is to give up on RIAA music.  Personally, I think Eminem and Madonna and the like just suck donkey nutz!  Indy music has variety, all that top 40 crud sounds the same.  Its about time to give these Indy artists the chance to make it big without help from the pigopolists.

V