Author Topic: MPAA gives out treats  (Read 1165 times)

DC

• Kudos: 0
MPAA gives out treats
« on: 26 July 2002, 02:57 »
According to Slashdot here, the MPAA wants the right to break into our computer when they have any suspicion that we have copyrighted materials on them.

Now, of course, what counts for them, counts for us (equality for all and that). The Register has a nice article about that here.
Essentialy, I can hack whatever computer I want if I think they have copyrighted material on there (even if it's one stinkin line). The Register has a niceidea that might increase your pr0n-collection    (it does involve a semi-nude picture of your girlfriend, so you must first have those 2 things).
GS/CS d- s-: a--- C++ UL+ P+ L++>+++ E W++ N>+ o K- w-- O- M V? PS+>++ PE- Y+ PGP t+ 5+ X R tv+ b+++ DI+ D+ G++ e>++++ h! r- y
A quantummechanical wavefunction describing an unknown amount of bottles of beer on the wall
A quantummechanical wavefunction describing an unknown amount of bottles of beer on the wall
We take a measurement, the wavefunction will collapse, and one of the bottles of beer will fall

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
MPAA gives out treats
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2002, 17:07 »
so if this shit gets passed, i/we can start a full scale cyber assualt on microsoft to "steal" there source code to search for code that is copyrighted under the gpl? then again this is another shit law that our government is passing. how is it up there in canada?
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!