Author Topic: Japanese software writer arrested!  (Read 995 times)

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Japanese software writer arrested!
« on: 16 May 2004, 18:30 »
The author of a program called Winny, a popular p2p client in Japan, has been arrested because his software allows people to download copyrighted stuff.

(I Don't have a link yet.)

This is fucking absurd! They might as well arrest Bill Gates because you can use Microsoft Outlook to email people copyrighted files. FUcking idiots.

solarismka

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2004, 06:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by xeen:
The author of a program called Winny, a popular p2p client in Japan, has been arrested because his software allows people to download copyrighted stuff.

This is fucking absurd! They might as well arrest Bill Gates because you can use Microsoft Outlook to email people copyrighted files. FUcking idiots.

I agree!  I was really suprised when I heard that!
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

The Anti-Microsoft

• Kudos: 0
    • http://slashdot.org
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2004, 06:32 »
quote:
fucking absurd! They might as well arrest Bill Gates because you can use Microsoft Outlook to email people copyrighted files. FUcking idiots.

They can go ahead and arrest Bill Gates.    

quote:

[ May 16, 2004: Message edited by: Anonymous Coward ]