Author Topic: MS  (Read 1583 times)

HellCat

• Kudos: 0
MS
« on: 10 March 2002, 15:12 »
I don't get it. Why do people that use Windows say it sucks? Why are you using it if it sucks? Are you too scared to use Linux or BSD? I think most that degrade MS and Windows that use it are just trying to be "cool" or "jumping on the bandwagon." This doesn't go for people who use both OS's. Does anyone understand what i am getting at? Morale of the story: If you don't like Windows/MS then don't use it.(This doesn't go for people who use both OS's)

dbl221

• Kudos: 0
MS
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2002, 02:50 »
I Think you will find that most people here are critical of M$'s practices.......things like treating their customers like crap and trying to take away peoples freedom of choice by illegal underhanded business proctices.  It is not that M$ can't produce good product...Im sure they can but the Fucktards who run Micro$haft don't seem willing to do that.  :mad:
dbl221***Comp-Sys walking wounded

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
MS
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2002, 03:57 »
One reason I don
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
MS
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2002, 14:54 »
quote:
I don't get it. Why do people that use Windows say it sucks? Why are you using it if it sucks? Are you too scared to use Linux or BSD? I think most that degrade MS and Windows that use it are just trying to be "cool" or "jumping on the bandwagon." This doesn't go for people who use both OS's. Does anyone understand what i am getting at? Morale of the story: If you don't like Windows/MS then don't use it.(This doesn't go for people who use both OS's)

Linux might be infinitely powerful, but it's taking me an infinitely long time to master! (i know, i'm only starting...) i had installation problems on my laptop, now i am having problems installing fairly simple programs due ( i think) to dependencies on other programs/plugins or whatever they are called in this OS, i am having a bullshit time trying to get my USB cdwriter to work too, even after mapping usb to scsi...
A lot of this is automatic in windows, or at least it's almost automatic if you lead it by the hand.

When you know a bunch of stuff about windows, it's hard to accept knowing nothing about how to do something in a totally new environment. especially if you should do something else first, or if you should really be doing something totally different.
Linux is not easy.

Also, i have a problem with your exemption to dual-booters. Why should people who use windows (but happen to use something else too) be allowed to criticise M$ if 100% M$Windows users are not allowed to? total hypocrisy.
I suspect you dual boot yourself? why do you? here you are on the fuckmicrosoft site, telling people not to criticise microsoft if they run windows, except that that does not apply if they happen to run something else too. Hmmm... nope, it doesn't wash with me.

I expect a bunch of things from my computer, it has taken me a couple of years to accrue the programs i want to do all the things i need in the way i want them done, in windows. May i mention, these programs are mainly open source, and usually free and exclusively non M$.
In Linux i expect it to take just as long to find out what i want and then get all the myriad of programs running properly. In the meantime, i have to learn how to use this new (massive) OS.

Even if it is more intuitive than windows (is it?) my brain is warped into windows thinking methods, so i won't see the obvious in Linux for a while sometimes.

Also, may i point out, that if you have any computer using competency, you will become quickly pissed off with using windows in any circumstance, whether it's your only OS or not, i am willing to bet on it.

anyway, those are a few reasons why windows users might be pissed off at windows (and should be allowed to say so), even if they happen to run another OS as well.

[ March 11, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
MS
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2002, 15:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by cahult:
If you have a document you can open it by dragging its icon to the mother app and dropping it onto its icon. This will open the document.

I hate to be the one to spoil ur basis of OS loyalty, but Windows has said feature. I tested it out on several appliactions just to make sure it wasn't some drug enduced apparition. (as for scrolling fast, that could easily be changed under mouse properties on the control panel)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
MS
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2002, 16:04 »
also i have noticed that that dragging to the application icon does not work with all applications.
Example,
On my work Mac (OS9.1) i have iCab, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape and Internet Explorer. dragging a file onto the browser icon will open the file only in Opera, Internet Explorer and iCab. Not in Mozilla or Netscape.
All the MS Office icons work okay in this respect, to my knowledge, haven't tried out any others.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

cahult

• VIP
MS
« Reply #6 on: 11 March 2002, 16:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by Fett101:

I hate to be the one to spoil ur basis of OS loyalty, but Windows has said feature. I tested it out on several appliactions just to make sure it wasn't some drug enduced apparition. (as for scrolling fast, that could easily be changed under mouse properties on the control panel)

What version of windows are you talking about and what apps? It does not have this in win 98 and certainly not Word. Scrolling cannot be mastered at all on windows. Trust me on this, it can

cahult

• VIP
MS
« Reply #7 on: 11 March 2002, 16:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
also i have noticed that that dragging to the application icon does not work with all applications.
Example,
On my work Mac (OS9.1) i have iCab, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape and Internet Explorer. dragging a file onto the browser icon will open the file only in Opera, Internet Explorer and iCab. Not in Mozilla or Netscape.
All the MS Office icons work okay in this respect, to my knowledge, haven't tried out any others.

Have you seen Netscape work with anything these days? I use it but only for light-weight operations. You can however drag a picture

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
MS
« Reply #8 on: 11 March 2002, 20:46 »
Netscape Communicator 4 was the best browser and still is for OS 9. Till this day I have not used something more stable and realiable.

Too bad Netscape 6 was such a heap of crap. I truely hope M$ does not get that coveted foothold in controling the web.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR