Author Topic: New MSN Search  (Read 2306 times)

bedouin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 443
    • http://homepage.mac.com/alqahtani/
New MSN Search
« on: 1 February 2005, 22:44 »
608 vs. 2,460.

[verwijderd door de beheerder]

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
New MSN Search
« Reply #1 on: 1 February 2005, 22:50 »
I searched for "Refalm" on MSN Search. I noticed that the Linux stuff I did on the Internet was either not present in the results, or at the very last of the page.

Also, it doesn't have Usenet and it isn't in my language (which is either Dutch or 31337, both supported by Google).

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Re: New MSN Search
« Reply #2 on: 2 February 2005, 02:37 »
As accurate as Google, eh? :D
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

TuxLinux

• Kudos: 49
« Reply #3 on: 7 February 2005, 03:10 »
The only accurate thing   is that probably. I tried the new msn search, I am not impressed it gives a feeling of being retarded. Sometimes way off not just  a bit off.

skyman8081

• VIP
  • Kudos: 187
    • http://sauron.game-host.org/
« Reply #4 on: 7 February 2005, 05:57 »
2 motherfuckers have sigged me so far.  Fuck yeah!

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #5 on: 7 February 2005, 06:41 »
It's got all the Googlebombs too? :eek:

That's a great first page. :D
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Stryker

• VIP
  • Kudos: 41
« Reply #6 on: 7 February 2005, 09:46 »
just for fun, searched for "sluts".

first non-sponsored link that comes up: "the official website of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen"

TuxLinux

• Kudos: 49
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2005, 05:00 »
Other day I needed some help with direct proportions, indirect  proportions for my Electronics class. I decided to use ask.com first. Ask.com gave me  some great results actually. Right on target to the information I needed. Decided to try on the new "msn"  instead I got something like: (if you do not believe me try the search for direct  proportions, indirect proportions on ask.com then go back to msn search. You'll see  ask.com is smarter engine.

msn results: (picked the best off clue ones)

#
USS Clueless

... the logic of the situation means that your power over your enemies will increase in direct proportions to the contempt with which they view your claims to intellectual competency. In short, the dumber ...

* http://www.electricminds.org/ussclueless/Index.htm
    * Cached page

#

#
Tastes; Features; Creole Cook Book

... are listed, both ingredients can be increased so long as they are increased in the same direct proportions. When lard is listed in the recipe, shortening, margarine, butter or other kinds of oils ...

* nolassf.dev.advance.net/z_recyclebin/mardigras/food_old/creole/intro.html
    * Cached page
    * 2/18/2005

Ask.com will go as far as refine the  query being sent to it.

JanusChrist

• Kudos: 15
« Reply #8 on: 20 February 2005, 09:11 »
Google is still the best, I gave up on ask.com years ago.

And stryker, that is hilarious!!
On your way out of Microsoft Land feel free to smash a few Windows.

Commander

• Kudos: 52
« Reply #9 on: 27 February 2005, 00:57 »
The first time i went to check out this "new and robust" search engine i hit refresh more than 5 times because i thought the page wasnt loading properly.  Then i realized it DID load.. it just didnt look finished.  I didnt even run a search.  sometimes looks arent deceiving :)
Ballmer needs a firm kick in the ass.... (since he has no balls)

MrX

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #10 on: 28 February 2005, 05:55 »
yep- i had to try the sluts thing myself. the truth is, it really really worked. just try it on google and compare and share :scared:

Mr X

E-61993

• Kudos: 10
« Reply #11 on: 9 March 2005, 22:19 »
I hate the Microsoft Network.When i got my computer with windows Xp i was happy that it didn't include MSN. I upgraded to SP2 for security reasons:).It installes MSN messager. It is so anoying. It just wastes CPU power.I exit it.go to read my e-mail it turns back on.It slows down my Extreme G network connection too. it takes forever for my computer to detect the my network since it got installed.i am going to download Mozilla's equivalent of outlook express.

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
« Reply #12 on: 9 March 2005, 22:34 »
Quote from: E-61993
I hate the Microsoft Network.When i got my computer with windows Xp i was happy that it didn't include MSN. I upgraded to SP2 for security reasons:).It installes MSN messager. It is so anoying. It just wastes CPU power.I exit it.go to read my e-mail it turns back on.It slows down my Extreme G network connection too. it takes forever for my computer to detect the my network since it got installed.i am going to download Mozilla's equivalent of outlook express.

Use XPLite to nuke those components, then install the Firefox browser and Thunderbird e-mail client.
Small steps, friend, soon you may be free!!
Contains scenes of mild peril.

MrX

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #13 on: 10 March 2005, 00:19 »
E-61993:
i can smell the stink from you. do you really have to use outlook express and smear it all over us?

Mr X

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
« Reply #14 on: 10 March 2005, 03:03 »
Quote from: MrX
E-61993:
i can smell the stink from you. do you really have to use outlook express and smear it all over us?

Mr X

Ummm didn't he just say he was going to go to thunderbird?

Be nice, because nomatter where you go, there you are.
In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....