Author Topic: Microsoft Word problem  (Read 2961 times)

Lord C

• Kudos: 15
    • http://www.lordcalvin.co.uk/
Re: Microsoft Word problem
« Reply #15 on: 25 April 2005, 17:36 »
Wow, you guys are being very kind :0
Especially Orethrius :)

I was expecting to see a load of "This aint no MS helpdesk, rtf-homepage" :P
Windows [n.]
A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

Linux user #348855

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #16 on: 25 April 2005, 18:32 »
well as people keep pointing out, being crabby bastards isn't making friends of these windoids, who may be convinced to switch at a later date.

as *i* point out, if we help people patch up their windows systems, what motive will they have to think of trying any alternative?

i suppose if it can be patched up, then fine, but they should have to get this information from microsoft customer support, or at the very worst, some group of windows users who provide help and tips for the love of it (like those nazis over at the windows bbs for instance)
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #17 on: 25 April 2005, 20:53 »
Exactly Calum I agree with you, being nice is the right way to go about changing poeple's opinions. Starting bitch threads and posting personal abuse about members (as some other members do) who have different opinions to most people here will only get you labled as a troll.
« Last Edit: 25 April 2005, 21:58 by Aloone_Jonez »
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

BobTheHob

• Kudos: 49
« Reply #18 on: 25 April 2005, 20:56 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
Exactly Calum, being nice is the right way to go about changing poeple's opinions. Starting bitch threads and posting personal abuse about members who have different opinions to most people here will only get you labled as a troll.
lol, read his second sentence
The meaning of my username "BobTheHob":
It is well known that "Bob" is a nickname for robert in modern times, a lesser known nickname for robert is that of "Hob". Hob is a nickname for robert from the "Middle English" dialect. This is the version of english spoken and written around the late middle ages. Thus my username can be percieved like "RobertTheRobert" which is redundant. As I always like to say "Simplicity in redundancy, and elegance in simplicity".

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 25 April 2005, 21:19 »
Sorry I didn't mean we should help Windows users with their  I meant we shouldn't resort to flaming people with pro-Microsoft opinions. We won't win them over by starting imature bitch threads, they'll think: "Microsoft's never rude to me but the UNIX crowd are a load of ill-mannered jumped-up school boys." The moral of the story is to treat other people with respect, even if they have a different opinion it doesn't mean they're a bad person.
« Last Edit: 25 April 2005, 21:19 by Aloone_Jonez »
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

BobTheHob

• Kudos: 49
« Reply #20 on: 25 April 2005, 21:26 »
Sorry I didn't mean we should help Windows users with their I meant we shouldn't resort to flaming people with pro-Microsoft opinions. We won't win them over by starting imature bitch threads, they'll think: "Microsoft's never rude to me but the UNIX crowd are a load of ill-mannered jumped-up school boys." The moral of the story is to treat other people with respect, even if they have a different opinion it doesn't mean they're a bad person.
Heres the thing man, I have no problem with windows users, alot of my friends use windows. I tell people how to fix their windows all the time. The reason I am pissed at muzzy is because, he knows better than to think that windows is better than *nix. Which is okay for him to think, and I wouldent mind him debating it, except most of his posts are rediculously false. Such as "Windows is better than *nix, I think none of you are good enough to use windows and thats why you use *nix". He knows better than that. Now who did you say was trolling again?
The meaning of my username "BobTheHob":
It is well known that "Bob" is a nickname for robert in modern times, a lesser known nickname for robert is that of "Hob". Hob is a nickname for robert from the "Middle English" dialect. This is the version of english spoken and written around the late middle ages. Thus my username can be percieved like "RobertTheRobert" which is redundant. As I always like to say "Simplicity in redundancy, and elegance in simplicity".

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #21 on: 25 April 2005, 21:37 »
Exactly Calum, being nice is the right way to go about changing poeple's opinions. Starting bitch threads and posting personal abuse about members who have different opinions to most people here will only get you labled as a troll.

are you suggesting that i do or did this?

or are you just addicted to mentioning this in every post at the moment?

i have not started any "bitch threads", or posted "personal abuse" (well, generally speaking anyway, certainly not for just having differing opinions to me) about anybody, so why bring this up in this thread?
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 25 April 2005, 21:37 »
BobTheHob,
There's still no excuse to start bitch treads which are a form of trolling. If muzzy thinks Windows is better than UNIX then let him think it and if he wants to argue about it here he has the right to and he is also welome to. I've said before let him have his opinion and you can keep yours. Agree to disagree with him like a mature adult instead of resorting to pathetic flame-warfare.
« Last Edit: 25 April 2005, 21:56 by Aloone_Jonez »

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: 25 April 2005, 21:53 »
Quote from: Calum
are you suggesting that i do or did this?

or are you just addicted to mentioning this in every post at the moment?

i have not started any "bitch threads", or posted "personal abuse" (well, generally speaking anyway, certainly not for just having differing opinions to me) about anybody, so why bring this up in this thread?

Sorry Calum, I was talking to BobTheHob.

I hadn't read your post when I posted the above post as it was also targeted at BobTheHob so I've edited it to indicate this.