Author Topic: MS destroy mouse part II. Now with PICS !!!  (Read 6983 times)

Jenda

• Kudos: 326
Re: How much anger does it take to destroy a microsoft mouse?
« Reply #45 on: 20 April 2005, 22:01 »
I Would upgrade my xbox to linux but M$ coded the live servers to check for any kinds of mods like mod chips and linux, if it detects either my MAC address and gamertag get banned from xbox live, so id need a new xbox

M$

Is it really that bad? The fucking bastards! I was atually thinking fo buying an X-box just to install Linux on it!

solemnwarning

• Kudos: 338
    • http://www.solemnwarning.net
« Reply #46 on: 20 April 2005, 22:22 »
Dont bother just use a machine, xbox live is pretty good even though it has constant network problems
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
 Version: 3.1
 GCS/CM d- s+:+ a--- C++ UL++++>$ P+ L+++ !E W++ !N !o !K-- w !O !M !V PS+ PE- !Y !PGP !t !5 !X !R tv b+ DI+ !D G e- h !r y-
 ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #47 on: 21 April 2005, 01:10 »
Quote from: Jenda
Is it really that bad? The fucking bastards! I was atually thinking fo buying an X-box just to install Linux on it!

That's a good idea, I like the idea of having a simple PC that connects to my TV.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #48 on: 21 April 2005, 02:52 »
You can install Linux on it still, but not use it for Xbox Live.  That's all.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Jenda

« Reply #49 on: 21 April 2005, 22:04 »
Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Jenda

That's a good idea, I like the idea of having a simple PC that connects to my TV.

That's the idea. Although I don't know just how simple it is. Does anyone know the approx specs for an XBox? And do you think you could connect it to the internet, or a PC somehow?

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #50 on: 21 April 2005, 22:12 »
Does anyone know the approx specs for an XBox?

733Mhz Intel Celeron CPU (Coppermine)
64MB RAM
8GB hard drive (usually)
custom nVidia graphics card
Weird USB ports that can be adapted to standard ones for keyboard/mouse
100Base-TX ethernet
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Jenda

« Reply #51 on: 22 April 2005, 22:02 »
Thanks, WMD. But a slight dissappointment. I thought it was a little more powerful than that. But I suppose you don't need that for shoot'em ups...

skyman8081

• VIP
  • Kudos: 187
    • http://sauron.game-host.org/
« Reply #52 on: 23 April 2005, 00:41 »
Mainly because the software is able to write within the means of the hardware with a closed system.  And because a console runs at a far lower resolution than a typical PC game.
2 motherfuckers have sigged me so far.  Fuck yeah!

BobTheHob

• Kudos: 49
« Reply #53 on: 25 April 2005, 18:19 »
Quote from: MrX
TB:
ps- i wish someone could get the xbox being dragged from the hitch ball of a car caught on camera!
Mr X
shit, ya can have my hexbox, the dvd-rom drive has gone out in a typical microsoft fashion. I have modded it and soldered in a hardwired digital audio port on the back. What a waste of a good rca jack and a 2 inch piece of solder.
The meaning of my username "BobTheHob":
It is well known that "Bob" is a nickname for robert in modern times, a lesser known nickname for robert is that of "Hob". Hob is a nickname for robert from the "Middle English" dialect. This is the version of english spoken and written around the late middle ages. Thus my username can be percieved like "RobertTheRobert" which is redundant. As I always like to say "Simplicity in redundancy, and elegance in simplicity".