Author Topic: The biggest hardware quirk of all: mouse management  (Read 5164 times)

BobTheHob

• Kudos: 49
Re: The biggest hardware quirk of all: mouse management
« Reply #15 on: 2 May 2005, 04:48 »
Quote from: muzzy
I prefer windows 2000 and Windows 2003. I have to admit the latter is a warez copy, though. I figured I'd just try it out to see what it's like but I fell in love with it and don't want to replace it with legit system now :)
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but server 2003 is even more partial to elk-penis ingestion than bill gates. I have even had the displeasure of using server 2003 datacenter, and even datacenter treats IT profesionals like noobs. News flash microsoft: I'M NOT FUCKING STUPID, I CAN SET MY OWN FUCKING SETTING THANK YOU, STOP FUCKING GUESSING THEM. The clustering on server 2003 is trash, along with most evrything else.

As some of you may know, I have started refusing to use microsft products. It just so happens that for my CNT degree, two of the courses I have to complete are "Server  2003" and "active directory". I have had a talk with my department chair (Who has 30 years experiance on VMS, is partial to Linux, and also hates microsoft) and he said he doesnt blame me for refusing to use it, and said we can work something out using an alternative OS and software for my required projects.

ps. bill gates devours penises and phallus objects
The meaning of my username "BobTheHob":
It is well known that "Bob" is a nickname for robert in modern times, a lesser known nickname for robert is that of "Hob". Hob is a nickname for robert from the "Middle English" dialect. This is the version of english spoken and written around the late middle ages. Thus my username can be percieved like "RobertTheRobert" which is redundant. As I always like to say "Simplicity in redundancy, and elegance in simplicity".

JanusChrist

• Kudos: 15
« Reply #16 on: 2 May 2005, 15:40 »
Everything prior to Windows 2000 is complete ass. There are things I like and don't like about 2000 and things I like and don't like about XP. All in all, I prefer Windows 2000 simply becuz it's less bloated than XP and easier to 8ir@t3.

As far as mice go, I highly recommend the Logitech MX150. Excellent mouse, only 30 dollars thru newegg.com
On your way out of Microsoft Land feel free to smash a few Windows.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #17 on: 2 May 2005, 16:15 »
I agre Logtech mice are great, I use a Logtech optical mouse at home and an M$ mouse at work that sucks horribly. Microsoft should just stick to software and not try to put their lable on everything they can. I bet one day you'll be able to buy Microsoft TVs, cars, and even cheese!

If Microsoft made food what would it taste like?
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #18 on: 2 May 2005, 16:40 »
yuck!

I wouldn't drive in a MS car, their OSes crash far too often, I wouldn't trust them to build my car.

:fu: Microsoft!
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
« Reply #19 on: 2 May 2005, 16:43 »
Quote from: piratePenguin
yuck!

I wouldn't drive in a MS car, their OSes crash far too often, I wouldn't trust them to build my car.

:fu: Microsoft!

I wouldn't want to drive in the same STATE as a M$ car.... OS crashes will quickly become car crashes, and that leads to fatalities. I wonder what Billgatus would do about being sentenced to prison for negligent homicide in those crashes, and then getting sued for billions for wrongful death?
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
« Reply #20 on: 2 May 2005, 19:04 »
Quote from: Annorax
I wonder what Billgatus would do about being sentenced to prison for negligent homicide in those crashes, and then getting sued for billions for wrongful death?

Quickly blame traditional open-source cars (read: Ford, Chevrolet, Honda, Subaru, Daewoo, the list goes on...) for security breaches, then convince the mass public that it's true.  He'd be exonerated by the U.S. government because, hey, Billy G's always in the right.

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

adiment

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 519
« Reply #21 on: 2 May 2005, 22:26 »
Quote from: muzzy
Pirated rip offs? If you have a proof of purchase, microsoft will replace your pirate copy with a legit one.

you have a link?

solemnwarning

• Kudos: 338
    • http://www.solemnwarning.net
« Reply #22 on: 3 May 2005, 00:25 »
MS Car:

Error:
You have been in a motroway traffic jam too long and been going too slow, steering.dll, spam.dll, slow.dll, shitos.dll have crashed, hope u dont mind having no steering or speed control :p btw the ms spam system crashed, the ms spam dll will automaticly be restarted to provide you with the best spam from ms
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
 Version: 3.1
 GCS/CM d- s+:+ a--- C++ UL++++>$ P+ L+++ !E W++ !N !o !K-- w !O !M !V PS+ PE- !Y !PGP !t !5 !X !R tv b+ DI+ !D G e- h !r y-
 ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #23 on: 3 May 2005, 02:45 »
Well if it get infected with spyware they could report every minor road traffic offence you commit to the police. I hat to think what would happen if it catches a virus. Hang on, this could really happen if the internal computer system ran Windows. :(
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Jenda

• Kudos: 326
« Reply #24 on: 3 May 2005, 02:46 »
Fuck man. No MS cheese for me, man...

You buy it for half a fortune...

You bring it home, it takes you a day to put in your fridge,..

and if there happens to be something already in your fridge, it'll simply format it...

It'll instate the new NTFS - NT fridge sys. ...

Which is basically there to make putting anything else in the fridge as difficult as possible...

And of course, it full of holes, stinks like crap, looks like an Apple...

yeah.. enough...

(edit)

I forgot... it freezes your fridge every now'n'then... and you have to eat it slowly I guess. But 90 percent of fridges around the world have MS cheese in them... going too far?

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #25 on: 3 May 2005, 02:53 »
fuck! It's actually happening?
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

JanusChrist

• Kudos: 15
« Reply #26 on: 3 May 2005, 03:15 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
If Microsoft made food what would it taste like?

It would take like a donkey's asshole after eating 2 week old carrion in 110 degree heat.
« Last Edit: 3 May 2005, 03:21 by JanusChrist »
On your way out of Microsoft Land feel free to smash a few Windows.

solemnwarning

• Kudos: 338
    • http://www.solemnwarning.net
« Reply #27 on: 3 May 2005, 07:34 »
Quote from: piratePenguin
fuck! It's actually happening?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
 Version: 3.1
 GCS/CM d- s+:+ a--- C++ UL++++>$ P+ L+++ !E W++ !N !o !K-- w !O !M !V PS+ PE- !Y !PGP !t !5 !X !R tv b+ DI+ !D G e- h !r y-
 ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #28 on: 3 May 2005, 08:39 »
Sounds unsinkable, just like the Titanic.

BobTheHob

• Kudos: 49
« Reply #29 on: 3 May 2005, 19:25 »
Oh boy, I can't wait till the unvailing of the first Ford with the system so I can see a bluescreen on the indash lcd screen on national TV. Looks like I'll never be buying a Ford.
The meaning of my username "BobTheHob":
It is well known that "Bob" is a nickname for robert in modern times, a lesser known nickname for robert is that of "Hob". Hob is a nickname for robert from the "Middle English" dialect. This is the version of english spoken and written around the late middle ages. Thus my username can be percieved like "RobertTheRobert" which is redundant. As I always like to say "Simplicity in redundancy, and elegance in simplicity".