Author Topic: hey peeps  (Read 2024 times)

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
Re: hey peeps
« Reply #15 on: 24 March 2005, 23:53 »
I love how MrX thinks he's straight out of CSI :)
Contains scenes of mild peril.

MrX

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #16 on: 25 March 2005, 01:30 »
get a sense of humour or go to hell.

Mr X

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #17 on: 25 March 2005, 03:33 »
I suggest you conceal your identity by throwing your computer on the fire.

Who gives a fuck if you mod a pron site? Its not fucking illegal, is it?

I myself run linux and have a badass cryptoloop to conceal documents that may be incriminating.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #18 on: 25 March 2005, 03:35 »
Quote from: -=Q=-
thats why i did not...I know......
well it was nice chattin with you all,but I don't need peeps like mrx handin me that kind of crap,grow up my friend,you wouldn't get within 100 yds,with out me puttin a bullet in your skull,so we'll leave it at that I will not be back here.
thank you

ps thanks muzzy

Uhm, Firefox stores a history and other shit as well, whats the difference really?

If you want to fucking hide shit, use crypto, its probably the best solution there is.

MrX

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #19 on: 28 March 2005, 17:55 »
Opera is the best browser to use if you want to conceal shit you were looking at.

http://www.opera.com

Mr X :beos:  :beos:

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #20 on: 28 March 2005, 20:00 »
All browsers store information in a cache to make them run faster, even if you disable the cache there's still the virtual memory on you hard disc. To stop shit being stored you will need to run a very light OS or install loads of memory and disable the virtual memory.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #21 on: 28 March 2005, 21:35 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
All browsers store information in a cache to make them run faster, even if you disable the cache there's still the virtual memory on you hard disc. To stop shit being stored you will need to run a very light OS or install loads of memory and disable the virtual memory.

The difference between Internet Explorer and real browsers (Firefox, Opera, K-Meleon, Mozilla) is that when you remove the cache in Internet Explorer, you can't be certain it's really removed.

I believe you can be in other browsers.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #22 on: 29 March 2005, 00:28 »
I know that, but even if you delete your FireFox or Opera cache you still have the data left on the disk surface, and even if you set it to not use a cache you still have the virtual memory too. The only way to avoid this is to disable both virtual memory and the browser cache. But I agree at least the other browsers bother to delete the files properly.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
« Reply #23 on: 29 March 2005, 01:29 »
I wonder if could do your swap on cryptoloop?
I guess not since the crypto API would not be usable at boot time. You would have to set up a script to initialise crypto, and then do 'swapon'.
This is something I may have to try on of my machines, just for the sake of trying... :D
Contains scenes of mild peril.

muzzy

• Kudos: 409
    • http://muzzy.net/
« Reply #24 on: 29 March 2005, 02:25 »
you can have swap on cryptoloop, just good luck having enough randomness at boot time to actually have it secure, too.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #25 on: 29 March 2005, 15:49 »
just mount it later, anyway... anyone running swap on a cryptoloop would be a moron, dm-crypt has fucking heaps better proformance, I really should utilise it myself but then I just use my cryptoloop for weird shit.