« on: 3 April 2005, 13:57 »
Today I was bored enough to do this...
http://kintaro.noobify.com/drupal/?q=node/19

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
Re: Qbasic
« Reply #1 on: 3 April 2005, 17:54 »
Reinventing a few wheels, are we?  ;)

Good luck with this, a module compiler could come in handy in developing a true microkernel-based system.  Very cool.

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

muzzy

• Kudos: 409
    • http://muzzy.net/
« Reply #2 on: 3 April 2005, 17:58 »
Where's the zipfile? Do I need to be logged into your site to see it? x_x

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #3 on: 4 April 2005, 00:35 »
http://www.qbasic.com used to be a good Qbasic website and forum but it's not been updated since 5th June 1999.

Edit:
I've just noticed the qbasic site you have link http://qbnz.com/pages/downloads/software/ that contains downloads for qbasic 4.5 and other versions and I'm sure this is illegal I hope they don't get caught.
« Last Edit: 4 April 2005, 00:41 by Aloone_Jonez »
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
« Reply #4 on: 4 April 2005, 03:11 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
I'm sure this is illegal I hope they don't get caught.

Because God only knows, a man who dropped out of a Business course should define the law (read: Gates and software piracy).

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #5 on: 4 April 2005, 09:52 »
As soon as they get shut down, ill host it.

No, Microsoft dont really waste there time on it, I dont think they will care to much. They are to busy trying to kill off education by sueing schools.

I fixed the whole download problem, drupal has strictish permissions by default, nice to know, but not always needed.

YOU CAN NOW DOWNLOAD ZEE FILE!

themacuser

• Kudos: 120
« Reply #6 on: 4 April 2005, 11:04 »
Isn't Qbasic a Microsoft thing? I thought it was...

I coded a Qbasic program that draws a highly realistic fake BSOD onto the screen... fooled quite a few people. It was vewry funny.
I'm often asked why I hate Microsoft - "What did they ever do to you?". Well, I'll tell you. They made dodgy programs and standards which have wasted hundreds of hours of my time involving lost work in crashes and stupidity.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #7 on: 4 April 2005, 14:04 »
Quote from: themacuser
Isn't Qbasic a Microsoft thing? I thought it was...

I coded a Qbasic program that draws a highly realistic fake BSOD onto the screen... fooled quite a few people. It was vewry funny.

It is, but it wasn't created by Microsoft, it was bought by them.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #8 on: 5 April 2005, 04:17 »

anphanax

• Kudos: 11
    • http://june.tripod.com
« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2005, 05:22 »
No, Microsoft dont really waste there time on it, I dont think they will care to much. They are to busy trying to kill off education by sueing schools

Why would you think that? If kids in this country didn't get an education, they wouldn't have much use for things like Microsoft Excel, Word, or Powerpoint. If they didn't have an education, why should they even bother using a computer. I mean, if you can't read... ugh

Anyways, if they're going after schools who are using illegal copies of their software, shouldn't you be praising them? Doesn't it set a good example to the children that they shouldn't be stealing things, and that people who steal don't get away with it? If the school doesn't want to pay for Microsoft products, why don't they just use Linux? And ifthey can't use Linux because they're required to teach Microsoft Products in the classroom, why don't they have the funds to buy the software to begin with?

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #10 on: 28 May 2005, 11:15 »
Quote from: anphanax
Why would you think that?

Fucking hell. I don't think that.

Excerpt from The Book Of John Tate, section #47495374...

John Tate is a very fine bullshit artist, he often says things he does not mean because he is an impulsive arsehole. He does this often when discussing subjects that he does not like. Example: "No, Microsoft dont really waste there time on it, I dont think they will care to much. They are to busy trying to kill off education by sueing schools". In this claim John Tate is actually thinking "Microsoft have better things to do then sue people for sharing a program that is more 10 years old". He reflects this by making a ludicrous claim that Microsoft have a plot to destroy education. Microsoft actually have sued quite a few schools, and that is the basis for his obviously ludicrous conspiracy theory.