Author Topic: Just when you thought it couldn't get worse!  (Read 1300 times)

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
Re: Just when you thought it couldn't get worse!
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2005, 02:07 »
Quote from: Dan Glickman, head of MPAA
Video theft hurts taxpayers, it hurts consumers, it hurts the creative process and it hurts the hundreds of thousands of people who work hard each day to make the magic of the movies,

BULL SHIT.

Video theft doesn't hurt the taxpayers... that is, unless you count the massive tax cuts the studios are getting no matter what they do.

Video theft doesn't hurt consumers... pirates aren't stealing the copies of movies they've purchased.

Video theft doesn't hurt the creative process... just how the hell can this one be justified at all, even using the pidgin lawyerese the MPAA likes to use all the time?

Video theft doesn't hurt hundreds of thousands of people... it doesn't even hurt the bottom line of the studios because the majority of the people who download movies and music WOULD NOT BUY IT ANYWAY, SO THERE ARE  NO LOST SALES TO BITCH AND SUE OVER.

[size=72]FUCK YOU, DAN COCKMAN. FUCK YOU, JACK VALENTI. FUCK YOU, MPAA.[/size] Need I go on?

[/modrant]
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)

skyman8081

• VIP
  • Kudos: 187
    • http://sauron.game-host.org/
« Reply #2 on: 22 April 2005, 04:31 »
If a person who downloads something doesn't want to pay for something, why should the makers of it be obliged to allow them to see/hear it anyway, without paying?  Especially if somebody who does like it is willing to pay.

Yeah, I can see who gets the ass end of that deal. Pirating a movie is like jumping another mans ass without so much as the courtesy of a reach-around.
2 motherfuckers have sigged me so far.  Fuck yeah!

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
« Reply #3 on: 22 April 2005, 05:12 »
ummmmm, if i don't like it i don't buy it. if i like it, typicaly im a fan of it, and purchase merchandise that i can't really fucking pirate.

im not a fan of lawyers, unless your the kind that steps up and trys to defend my currently crappy driving record, in that case, feel free to be my bestest friend
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
« Reply #4 on: 22 April 2005, 05:33 »
Quote from: skyman8081
If a person who downloads something doesn't want to pay for something, why should the makers of it be obliged to allow them to see/hear it anyway, without paying?  Especially if somebody who does like it is willing to pay.

Yeah, I can see who gets the ass end of that deal. Pirating a movie is like jumping another mans ass without so much as the courtesy of a reach-around.

Perhaps people want to find out what it's like before buying it. When was the last time you bought a movie/song/program blind?
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)

skyman8081

• VIP
  • Kudos: 187
    • http://sauron.game-host.org/
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2005, 05:33 »
so then, they would end up buying it.
2 motherfuckers have sigged me so far.  Fuck yeah!

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
« Reply #6 on: 22 April 2005, 06:29 »
Quote from: skyman8081
so then, they would end up buying it.

Oh yes, I've never had cause to NOT buy something after using the trial version.  Get real.  :p

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals