Author Topic: devine knowledge  (Read 975 times)

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
devine knowledge
« on: 2 August 2002, 19:49 »
ok, last night i had to reinstall winxp professional for a friend. it killed itself. well, it said to stick the windows disk in and hit r for recovry. so i did that and it keep crashing. so i pulled out the demo linux cd and booted it to there. then i stuck anohter harddrive in to back his files up cuase he does work in photoshop and illustrator. he doesn't use a mac cuase he just called himself an idiot/*then agian, we do play alot of gtaIII on that system*/ so i had to use demo linux to copy files off the ntfs partition and to the fat 32 one. actally go do yourselves a favor and go get demolinux, it kicks ass for fixing shit. anyway, ill keep you guys posted on how my work with the beast, and no, linux isn't an option, i wish it was though anyway, havephun
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

shuiend

• Kudos: 0
    • http://stuff4fools.topcities.com
devine knowledge
« Reply #1 on: 2 August 2002, 20:46 »
i personally use the Suse 8 live eval version to fix things that go wrong with ntfs file systems. it has saved my dads comp several times since windows is gay and fucks up often
you know its a bad day when you look more sober then usual

DC

• Kudos: 0
devine knowledge
« Reply #2 on: 3 August 2002, 06:06 »
Huh, SUSE? Demo Linux? If you want to recover something, why don't you use a real recovery disk, like Tom's Root Boot or something? Those are made for it.
GS/CS d- s-: a--- C++ UL+ P+ L++>+++ E W++ N>+ o K- w-- O- M V? PS+>++ PE- Y+ PGP t+ 5+ X R tv+ b+++ DI+ D+ G++ e>++++ h! r- y
A quantummechanical wavefunction describing an unknown amount of bottles of beer on the wall
A quantummechanical wavefunction describing an unknown amount of bottles of beer on the wall
We take a measurement, the wavefunction will collapse, and one of the bottles of beer will fall