Author Topic: Why is my windoze so damned SLOW?  (Read 5289 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Re: Why is my windoze so damned SLOW?
« Reply #45 on: 24 May 2005, 22:53 »
Quote from: skyman8081
Calum, that was completely uncalled for.

You should re-think your arguments, instead of Making Ad Hominem attacks on other members.

Good Day.

i made no attacks. i simply stated my opinion, based on my observations.

don't tell me what not to say, or what to think.

you should wait until somebody actually makes an "attack" before responding to one.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #46 on: 24 May 2005, 22:56 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
I agree with skyman here, Calum you shouldn't have said that even though I agree with you that XFce roolz and Winbloze drulez.
agree as you will. i attacked nobody, and anybody who values free speech will NOT support this bigot who seeks to tell me what to think and say. You do not support free speech if you indeed think the above.
Orethrius,
I can understand you wanting to get back at Calum but there's no need to insult our nation as a whole. You're not just leaving just because you don't get on with a member here are you? :rolleyes:

i cannot understand his bigoted idiocy, however his pathetic "patriotic" nationalistic insults are all too common for my taste, and sadly i have seen too many examples of this pathetic level of attitude to claim i no longer understand it.

adiment

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 519
« Reply #47 on: 24 May 2005, 23:26 »
Thread uncrapped. Quit fucking threads up. If you want to say some bullshit to somebody PM them. This goes for everybody.

thank you for reporting it, but I was not going to trash it because some people want to talk shit to eachother.

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #48 on: 25 May 2005, 18:13 »
another one in the eye for free speech.

If you want to delete my perfectly legitimate replies to other people's libel against me, then you should also delete their original comments, since they break the forum rules at least as much as i do.

I protest against this persecution by certain forum moderators, and i demand to know what is being done about it.

MrX

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #49 on: 26 May 2005, 03:31 »
beos rulez! max v3 starts up always in less than 15 secs on a celery 500 with 9GB hdd. beos makes my old computer seem fast! and new! and fast!

Mr X

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #50 on: 26 May 2005, 03:37 »
Quote from: MrX
beos rulez! max v3 starts up always in less than 15 secs on a celery 500 with 9GB hdd. beos makes my old computer seem fast! and new! and fast!

Mr X
heh.
Yea I installed it on another harddrive a few days ago and it booted in 14 seconds, far faster than Slackware.
It seems like a very high performance OS but the default setup, at least, has a sorta win98 feel to it.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #51 on: 26 May 2005, 11:06 »
sfgdfgdgdfgdsgsdfgas,fgsadkf

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
« Reply #52 on: 26 May 2005, 12:27 »
Quote from: kintaro
sfgdfgdgdfgdsgsdfgas,fgsadkf

Yeah, I can see how that might slow down Firefox.  You realise that you can just go to about:config and set fgsadkf to false and fgas to 42 to rectify the situation though?

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals