Author Topic: Getting Xandros to install my sound card  (Read 1424 times)

1mck

• Kudos: 0
Getting Xandros to install my sound card
« on: 12 May 2005, 07:13 »
Well finally I did it! I had enough with Windoze, and I had a spare disk drive, and I installed Xandros, and it installed beautifully except for my sound card, which is a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2, and I've tried everything, and I still can't seem to get the sound to work. I should point out that I do have an onboard sound card on my mother board, and maybe that is causing the problems?

My system is:

Pentium 4 3Ghz
Asus P4C800 Deluxe Mother board
1 gig of Corsair Ram
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Video Card
ATI TV Wonder Pro with remote control Capture card
Creative Labs Audigy 2 sound card.
LG 52X CD/RW
LG Super Multi 16x DVD Burner
2 10,000 RPM Serial ATA Raptor drives 37gigs each
1 160gig ide hard drive
oh...and a nice blue light in it.

Anyway, a long, long time ago when I had a name brand computer...sorry for the swearing here..."Compaq Presario" you guys really helped me out when I hooped my partitions when I tried to install Mandrake, and I always rave about how quickly all of you came to my aid, and one of you even created a link for me to download "TechWorm"??? It was able to reformat my drive when nothing else would, so to the "GODS OF LINUX" I implore you for your divine help for my sound card!lol

Thanks,
1mck

toadlife

• Kudos: 376
    • http://toadlife.net
Re: Getting Xandros to install my sound card
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2005, 08:30 »
Disable the on board sound on your motherboard. If your lucky, you'll be able to do it via the BIOS. If not you might have to open up yourt case and change a jumper.

I had a similar problem with my on board sound conflicting with my sound blaster live.
:)

1mck

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2005, 12:00 »
Well dude, you did it!!! I went into the BIOS, and looked for my onboard sound, and voila...good to go! Thanks again!!!

toadlife

• Kudos: 376
    • http://toadlife.net
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2005, 00:49 »
Excellent. :thumbup:
:)