Author Topic: Microsoft bans democracy  (Read 4470 times)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Microsoft bans democracy
« on: 13 June 2005, 14:23 »
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.asp?feed=FT&Date=20050610&ID=4884671

Unsuprising.

Microsoft have great promotional skills, bragging on their own website that they are against free speech.

RaZoR1394

• Kudos: 219
    • http://razoreye.mine.nu/
Re: Microsoft bans democracy
« Reply #1 on: 13 June 2005, 14:42 »
I don't think that Microsoft are alone in this case. It's not easy to turn against communist ideologies in China. I don't blame MS for this.

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2005, 17:24 »
This is typical of all cowards. They have no backbone at all. Someone must stand up to the freedom hating chinese government and tell them they are wrong. Or rather, a big group must do this. I don
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #3 on: 13 June 2005, 17:26 »
China is an important and large trading partner.
Because of that fact, most countries are very carefull of critisising China.

Lord C

• Kudos: 15
    • http://www.lordcalvin.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: 13 June 2005, 17:58 »
Someone give George Bush a call ... China's government need sorting out.

Seriously though, the cencorship is sickening.
/me remembers the Google China Censorship issues.

I don't undertand Communism tbh, but I am totally against censorhip of any kind.
Windows [n.]
A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

Linux user #348855

Jenda

• Kudos: 326
« Reply #5 on: 14 June 2005, 00:06 »
Someone give Mao-the-third a call... The US government needsorting out.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2005, 09:30 »
Quote from: RaZoR1394
I don't think that Microsoft are alone in this case. It's not easy to turn against communist ideologies in China. I don't blame MS for this.

Firstly, then they should turn away from China. This would be the action of someone with some integrity. Secondly, you obviously have no idea what Communist Idealogies are. Communism is actually about good things like sharing and equality. China is in fact a Capitalist Dictatorship Masqeradeing As A Communism.

Quote from: Linux Lord C
   Someone give George Bush a call ... China's government need sorting out.

Seriously though, the cencorship is sickening.
 /me remembers the Google China Censorship issues.

I don't undertand Communism tbh, but I am totally against censorhip of any kind.

Good to see you admit you don't understand Communism unlike the moron making assumptions above you. There is a major problem with your solution of giving Bush a call however. China does not have any major oil reserves.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2005, 12:43 »
If you hit someone with a stick it hurts. Calling it the People's Stick doesn't soften the pain.

RaZoR1394

• Kudos: 219
    • http://razoreye.mine.nu/
« Reply #8 on: 15 June 2005, 18:24 »
Quote from: "Kintaro"
Firstly, then they should turn away from China. This would be the action of someone with some integrity. Secondly, you obviously have no idea what Communist Idealogies are. Communism is actually about good things like sharing and equality. China is in fact a Capitalist Dictatorship Masqeradeing As A Communism.

Turn away from china? Are you serious? There are millions soon billions of computer users/potential users who are switching to Linux and what they at least should do if they don't wanna loose the market is to have a foot staying in the country. Chinese/US relations are not so good at the moment. With one of US biggest computer companies leaving, those relationships could get worse. And I barely see claims of integrity when there is so much money to earn in a sole country.

I say communism because in most cases it turns out to what Sovjet, North Korea and China have made it to and adopted the name as. I do well know what real communism is so don't come and lecture me. I did also not say plain "dictionary" communism but just communism as the many government, intelligence agencies say, as US presidents have said about countries who practice the dark side of it.

If you're thinking about communism from the dictionary you could as well associate linux with. Do you know what GNU and the GPL founders think about that? They would hit you pretty bad for just associating it with it as they like me associate the word communism with the dark side of it like for ex North Korea.

And please don't be a coward and call me a moron over the internet. Sorry if I hit you on the ankle. You could as well call all the millions of people who associate the word communism with what you don't want it to be associated with.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #9 on: 15 June 2005, 22:12 »
Quote from: RaZoR1394
Turn away from china? Are you serious? There are millions soon billions of computer users/potential users who are switching to Linux and what they at least should do if they don't wanna loose the market is to have a foot staying in the country. Chinese/US relations are not so good at the moment. With one of US biggest computer companies leaving, those relationships could get worse. And I barely see claims of integrity when there is so much money to earn in a sole country.

I say communism because in most cases it turns out to what Sovjet, North Korea and China have made it to and adopted the name as. I do well know what real communism is so don't come and lecture me. I did also not say plain "dictionary" communism but just communism as the many government, intelligence agencies say, as US presidents have said about countries who practice the dark side of it.

If you're thinking about communism from the dictionary you could as well associate linux with. Do you know what GNU and the GPL founders think about that? They would hit you pretty bad for just associating it with it as they like me associate the word communism with the dark side of it like for ex North Korea.

And please don't be a coward and call me a moron over the internet. Sorry if I hit you on the ankle. You could as well call all the millions of people who associate the word communism with what you don't want it to be associated with.
Someone should throw you in the Total Perspective Vortex.

LIFE IS ABOUT MORE THAN MONEY. IF YOU HAD SOME INTEGRITY YOU MIGHT REALISE THAT.

People in China are suffering, and you want to support that? Under the soul claim that it is making money. You disgust me. People should boycott China, stop buying there bullshit and stop trading with them, they cant support over a billion people on their own, they would have to change then. However change seems like a far cry when there are morons like you who think that the key drive for happiness is moving small green peices of paper around, when it is not these small green peices of paper that are unhappy. You fucking moron, don't try and patronise me.

Jenda

• Kudos: 326
« Reply #10 on: 15 June 2005, 22:25 »
Razor, there are no more communist ideologies in China. When you say ideologies - you do indeed refer to the ideology, which is the dictionary-type communism, as you referred to it.

MrX

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #11 on: 16 June 2005, 05:03 »
sort-of on the same topic as this, last day after school the malicious privacy-invading admins installed some shit on the winxp computer I use at school. Surveyor session, (which is a spy-reporting program) r_server (radmin server so they can spy, rapid shut off and remote controll) , and some stupid macvee posing as an anti-virus when i already have  anti-vir and zonealarm on there. I got rid of them with a broom sweep, aka security task manager, deleting some of the program folders and deleting some stuff out of the registry. I warned some of the other kids in the class but they didnt think that much of it. Well, I hate it when people take away my privacy. I am pretty computer savvy and I know what are the default xp processes running and which ones are from my programs. Don't play shit with me! (i want to say that to whoever installed that crap thankyo)

at least its good for me, cause i can shut other's computers off now that they are all running radmin listening server :P pranktime

Mr X

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
« Reply #12 on: 16 June 2005, 14:42 »
Yeah I'm sick of that too, I got that when I was at school, if you went onto any incriminating websites, they would take control over your computer and log you out, fucking bastards, people just don't realise how important privacy is these days....

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #13 on: 16 June 2005, 15:36 »
When I went to highschool, 2 years ago, I caused so much trouble that they framed me later on to be banned from the network, thus fucking up my education. I promptly stopped bothering with school. This year when I was going to school, I found the IT class so backwards that I stopped it and changed to music. I eventually gave up on school and decided to try and write a novel. This of course may never work and I will probably struggle and like most writers, I will be very poor. Fortunatly I rather enjoy writing. However I really suggest just shutting the fuck up and doing your schoolwork. It really helps if you actually want to have these wonderful green pieces of paper that I have mentioned earlier.

M51DPS

• VIP
  • Kudos: 30
« Reply #14 on: 16 June 2005, 19:23 »
I wonder how long it will take my school to figure out I installed CGIProxy at my ISP's server and use that to look at sites....