Author Topic: About M$ involvmelt  (Read 1351 times)

luckyp3616

• Kudos: 106
About M$ involvmelt
« on: 22 June 2005, 20:50 »
I think M$ palladium and M$ themselves messed up TCPA.
M$ is crazy if they wanna ban linux. It should be illegal.

As I would like to do something about compaqs involvment (Looking at sig)
If I buy a new computer w/ palladium and tcpa, I am gonna try and install linux. If it fails, I am gonna call my lawyars on anti-trust law.

If it fails, I am gonna make a patch for bios and chip called (drumroll pleas!):

:fu: The FUCKMicrosoft patch! Downloadable with an included Slackware Linux Distro!
Two years... (literally), and my account is still on... THANK YOU!

I as of somewhere in 2006, I am now officially Windows-free. My sister got her own computer. (Thank God!) and now you will never see windows on my computer(s) again, at least my custom build ones!

MrX

• Kudos: 0
Re: About M$ involvmelt
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2005, 00:18 »
you're 13, you cannot afford lawyers. altho it is fun to say you can. a lawsuit against microsoft is a 'lose-lose' situation.

Mr X

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2005, 20:44 »
Lucky: Good luck. I suspect an antitrust lawsuit would go absolutely nowhere; I suspect Microsoft would be granted immunity from such a suit the moment they release this "innovative technology" because it would basically turn every computer in the world into a node in a surveillance network run by the FBI.. wait, NSA...err... CIA... shit, is it Section 31? Or maybe the Illuminati? It's a moot point anyway, TCPA is all but dead. If it were to arise from the dead, I suspect that non-TCPA hardware would still be manufactured outside the US and imported for those of us who don't want to be locked into a vicious and expensive Windows Longhorn TNG upgrade cycle. There will always be current hardware to run Linux on, as well as future hardware, right up until the point where TCPA goes into effect. It may be a massive pain in the ass, but it's not the stranglehold you make it out to be.

MrX: do you always have to be such an insufferable prick?
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)

luckyp3616

• Kudos: 106
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2005, 22:00 »
Well, I might as well forget the lawsuit, but the patch wold be necessary to avoid the Lock-In, and if the FBI exec DMCA I WILL KICK SOME FBI BOOTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two years... (literally), and my account is still on... THANK YOU!

I as of somewhere in 2006, I am now officially Windows-free. My sister got her own computer. (Thank God!) and now you will never see windows on my computer(s) again, at least my custom build ones!