Author Topic: Vista Requirments: wtf?  (Read 3197 times)

adiment

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 519
Vista Requirments: wtf?
« on: 7 September 2005, 05:40 »
Hefty hardware requirements for Windows Vista[/b]

Hardware vendors are going to love the news that Windows Vista is going to need very beefy hardware to run well. At Microsoft's TechEd conference, Dan Warne finally managed to squeeze blood from a stone
« Last Edit: 7 September 2005, 05:51 by e7ement »

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
Re: Vista Requirments: wtf?
« Reply #1 on: 7 September 2005, 06:42 »
It runs faster than XP... but only a rig thats ten times more powerful than XP's requirements.... and it has to run encryption/decryption routines on its main peripheral bus to do it...ok does anyone see the logic here?

If you don't comply with PVP, we're going to downscale the quality upon playback
In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #2 on: 7 September 2005, 14:16 »
You know, I had a choice when I bought parts for my computer.

I choose IDE instead of SATA. So now I can't use Windows Vista (not that I wanted to anyway) because I have IDE? Fuck that!

Also, Microsoft is going to upset quite some gamers by making the desktop OpenGL'ed and requirering 256 MB of video memory to run properly!
Microsoft is fucking nuts!

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #3 on: 7 September 2005, 15:18 »
I know MS has a history of having unreasonable system requirements, but this really takes the piss which is why I don't believe this, it must be bullshit. There's no way they'll be able to sell Vista if t requires hardware as powerfull as this to run, perhapps this is only with all the eye candy and 3D special effects turned on.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Jenda

• Kudos: 326
« Reply #4 on: 7 September 2005, 19:12 »
This is just insane. Fortunately it doesn't concern me at all.

Commander

• Kudos: 52
« Reply #5 on: 7 September 2005, 20:46 »
man! when vista comes out, those machines running vista will cost like 4-5 grand.  I'm not upgrading from xp sp1.  fuck.. even sp2 slows down my machine.  and also by the time vista comes out, suse will be taking over all of my windows xp needs. *fingers crossed*
Ballmer needs a firm kick in the ass.... (since he has no balls)

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #6 on: 7 September 2005, 20:58 »
thats a huge jump from from the minimum 233MHz cpu for XP. i need windows for gamin, i use linux for everything else, if they make me upgrade to vista....................
sig.

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #7 on: 7 September 2005, 21:11 »
Quote from: Lead Head
if they make me upgrade to vista....................
Who's gonna make ya?

Microsoft doesn't control which software you choose to put on your computer. You do.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #8 on: 7 September 2005, 21:16 »
"If you move from 32 to 64 bit, you basically need to at least double your memory. 2 gigs in 64 bit is the equivalent of a gig of RAM on a 32bit machine. That's because you're dealing with chunks that are twice the size...

What the fuck?
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Jack2000

« Reply #9 on: 7 September 2005, 21:22 »
Muhahahhahahahha "}

Told you .. :Pp

But you would not listen now would you!!!!!
But noooooo instead you come and say ooh the big bad M$ is gona take our cash

You should have listen to the guy with internal sources(hell every bulgarian is going to tell you everything (as long as you are bulgarian too))

Now suck on M$ big rocket or revert to 98 \ Unix

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #10 on: 7 September 2005, 21:31 »
WMD, this proves to me that this whole article is complete and utter bullcrap. I'd stoped reading before I got to this point, now it's totally lost the smallest bit of credibility it had.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: 7 September 2005, 21:36 »
Quote from: Jack2000
Muhahahhahahahha "}

Told you .. :Pp

But you would not listen now would you!!!!!
But noooooo instead you come and say ooh the big bad M$ is gona take our cash

You should have listen to the guy with internal sources(hell every bulgarian is going to tell you everything (as long as you are bulgarian too))

Now suck on M$ big rocket or revert to 98 \ Unix
Wha?

Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Jack2000

« Reply #12 on: 7 September 2005, 21:37 »
I said that i informed all of you about vista but back then you just ignored me

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: 7 September 2005, 21:45 »
Quote from: Jack2000
I said that i informed all of you about vista but back then you just ignored me
Oh.
I saw "Pp" and thought you were referring to me (after a few reads, even).
I still don't know what posts/threads you're talking about though.

adiment

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 519
« Reply #14 on: 7 September 2005, 21:53 »
Quote from: Refalm
You know, I had a choice when I bought parts for my computer.

I choose IDE instead of SATA. So now I can't use Windows Vista (not that I wanted to anyway) because I have IDE? Fuck that!

Also, Microsoft is going to upset quite some gamers by making the desktop OpenGL'ed and requirering 256 MB of video memory to run properly!
Microsoft is fucking nuts!

It'll still work [like crap] on systems that don't meet MS's requirments. My friend tried the beta and it took 700mbs of ram just to idle on desktop. :scared:

SATA isn't even worth it for for the extra 17mbps of transfer. PATA 133 is not far from SATA, PATA HDD's with 16mb cache are almost as good as the best SATA drive (10,000rpm Raptor, 74gb, 8mb cache), not to mention much cheaper.