Author Topic: Broke Down WMP9 Installer  (Read 1122 times)

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Broke Down WMP9 Installer
« on: 15 October 2005, 19:37 »

Wow! How amazing! What great quality! The Windows Media Player installer is broken on Tiger!
Go the fuck ~

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Re: Broke Down WMP9 Installer
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2005, 21:03 »
Ouch... :/ I wonder if MS will ever figure it out.

[OFFTOPIC]Jimmy, you still using the same 500MHz iMac?[/offtopic]
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2005, 11:00 »
Yes, I am actually! I had an iBook 600 that I gave to my sister because she needed one for college (I could use the iMac more because I could upgrade the RAM and HD farther). For the stuff I do with a Mac, the iMac is just fine. I'd like to get a mini, though to replace it. If I do, I'm gonna wait a few months until the 1.5GHz models are completely in the stream.

Update: I tried the installer again after a reboot. If you simply wait about TEN FARKING MINUTES, it'll finally finish "searching" and do a half-second install and be done.
Go the fuck ~

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2005, 18:53 »
You can always rely on products from Microsoft, haha!

Off topic, where did you find the desktop pic?
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #4 on: 16 October 2005, 19:47 »
Go the fuck ~

WMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 16 October 2005, 20:31 »
Quote from: hm_murdock
For the stuff I do with a Mac, the iMac is just fine. I'd like to get a mini, though to replace it.

Interesting, last year, you were complaining about how slow it was.  Whatever...do get that Mini though...the G4 does wonders for OS X speed.  I've done simple tests on G4/450 vs. G3/700, and the G4 was faster!

Update: I tried the installer again after a reboot. If you simply wait about TEN FARKING MINUTES, it'll finally finish "searching" and do a half-second install and be done.

Haha...wow.  I've seen that in Windows with that InstallShield crap.  Goes to 99%, sits for 10 minutes, finishes...
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #6 on: 17 October 2005, 00:24 »
Yeah, last year I was. But this is the year of the Tiger. Everybody says "Oh man... it's gonna be so slow since you don't have a triple G8 with eleventy godjillion quads of RAM and an serioptimechatimewarp ATFuckinA Death Drive"... but it's faster than 10.3. It'll be faster still when I drop another 512 in :)
Go the fuck ~

WMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2005, 00:41 »
Everybody says "Oh man... it's gonna be so slow since you don't have a triple G8 with eleventy godjillion quads of RAM and an serioptimechatimewarp ATFuckinA Death Drive"... but it's faster than 10.3.

It IS slower, though, if you have 256MB RAM.  I've heard all about that.  Thankfully, only losers have 256MB now.
My BSOD gallery

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2005, 06:36 »
I haven't yet seen it with 256. Only 512 and up, luckily!
Go the fuck ~

cymon

• Kudos: 172
« Reply #9 on: 21 October 2005, 03:51 »
Not a suprise, MS couldn't make a program to save their own lives.