Author Topic: Google to higher people for OpenOffice  (Read 1684 times)

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
Google to higher people for OpenOffice
« on: 31 October 2005, 20:41 »
Quote from: Times Online
Google is opening up yet another front in its battle with Microsoft by backing a competitor to Bill Gates' dominant Office software package.

The internet search and advertising company is set to hire programmers to improve OpenOffice, a freely distributed "open source" alternative to products including Word, Microsoft's massively popular word processor, it was revealed today.

Full story Here
sig.

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
Re: Google to higher people for OpenOffice
« Reply #1 on: 2 November 2005, 05:54 »
Google ... now that's a good company :)

adiment

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 519
« Reply #2 on: 2 November 2005, 06:01 »
Quote from: H_TeXMeX_H
Google ... now that's a good company :)

or a company that is slowly monopolizing the market and buying other companies out. :nothappy:

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: 2 November 2005, 06:14 »
Quote from: e7ement
or a company that is slowly monopolizing the market and buying other companies out. :nothappy:

Uhhh ... I certainly hope not, I mean they do all sorts of nice things, like Gmail, free WiFi for San Fran. could it all be just a way to take over the market and then rule with an iron fist ? Again, I hope not ... I mean if that happened, dammit that would suck !

JanusChrist

• Kudos: 15
« Reply #4 on: 3 November 2005, 07:52 »
Quote from: e7ement

People who hate big companies like Google or Starbucks are just jealous of other peoples' success. Stereotyping companies is no different from stereotyping races or nations; its just ideological conformity used to try to shock people and make some people feel as though "non-conformity" automatically means they make the world a better place.
On your way out of Microsoft Land feel free to smash a few Windows.

Dark_Me

• Kudos: 314
« Reply #5 on: 3 November 2005, 10:12 »
People who hate big companies like Google or Starbucks are just jealous of other peoples' success. Stereotyping companies is no different from stereotyping races or nations; its just ideological conformity used to try to shock people and make some people feel as though "non-conformity" automatically means they make the world a better place.
Better than conformity.
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
If your a selfish, self-centred prick, who is willing to leave half the world in poverty, then yes.
-Kintaro

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #6 on: 3 November 2005, 17:41 »
Quote from: JanusChrist

I do know some people that speak greatly about small businesses, but believe all multi national companies are evil.

Well, maybe they are, but some of them do things the right way. And besides, every company has it's greatnes and downsides.

For examples, television sets from Philips are awesome, but their DVD drives suck ass.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #7 on: 4 November 2005, 04:03 »
So they highered some people. They gonna hire some too so they can help out on OO.o?
Go the fuck ~

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
« Reply #8 on: 4 November 2005, 15:06 »
I'm glad google is putting the corporate cherry-picker to good use.
Contains scenes of mild peril.

Commander

• Kudos: 52
« Reply #9 on: 24 November 2005, 08:10 »
"People who hate big companies like Google or Starbucks are just jealous of other peoples' success."
BULLSHIT!  i hate starbucks because i dont like their coffee and they're expensive.  i could give less shit about if they were bigger or smaller or less or more successful.  Besides, Timmi's is far superior...
Ballmer needs a firm kick in the ass.... (since he has no balls)