Author Topic: How Microsoft works.  (Read 2028 times)

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
How Microsoft works.
« on: 13 November 2005, 01:39 »
This is both funny and sort of interesting and well bullshit, I expected better from HowStuffWorks.com.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
Re: How Microsoft works.
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2005, 01:54 »
Hahahaha, that is a joke. :D

But what can they say without getting sued? :(

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2005, 01:57 »
Bahhh ... most of the stuff on HowStuffWorks.com is bullshit anyway, can't expect their article on M$ to be any less shitty than the rest

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2005, 02:05 »
I love how they say that Windows allowed you to turn an obsolete PC into a Mac-like interface at "one-tenth the cost of buying a Mac."  I didn't know XTs ran Windows very well.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #4 on: 13 November 2005, 02:21 »
Quote from: H_TeXMeX_H
Bahhh ... most of the stuff on HowStuffWorks.com is bullshit anyway, can't expect their article on M$ to be any less shitty than the rest

I disagree, there is lots of good stuff on HowStuffWorks.com, personally I think their C tutorial rocks.

Quote from: H_TeXMeX_H
But what can they say without getting sued?:(

This is the real reason for this total bullshit, I wish they haden't botherd to write it at all, perhapps this is MS sponsored.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
« Reply #5 on: 13 November 2005, 02:33 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
I disagree, there is lots of good stuff on HowStuffWorks.com, personally I think their C tutorial rocks.

This is the real reason for this total bullshit, I wish they haden't botherd to write it at all, perhapps this is MS sponsored.

That wouldn't surprise me. :rolleyes:

Dark_Me

• Kudos: 314
« Reply #6 on: 13 November 2005, 05:06 »
Microsoft designs its teams to be overworked. Project managers calculate the number of staff members needed to accomplish a task, then reduce it. This results in a team that has to scramble immediately or be overwhelmed. Microsoft also takes great care to choose the "right" people. The take-away is that Microsoft has very specific criteria their workers must fulfill, and they have developed an innovative means of assessing candidates: They ask them riddles. A company built on dominating via improvisation and high-energy needs high-energy problem solvers who don't mind working 72 hours straight. Although this type of employee seems difficult to find, somehow Microsoft keeps finding them.
And this is a good thing? Explains a lot.
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
If your a selfish, self-centred prick, who is willing to leave half the world in poverty, then yes.
-Kintaro

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #7 on: 13 November 2005, 14:29 »
Maybe we should write our own article on how Microsoft works, if this one is bullshit.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Jenda

• Kudos: 326
« Reply #8 on: 13 November 2005, 21:08 »
That is incredible! :D

More sad than funny, though...

dmcfarland

• Kudos: 123
« Reply #9 on: 14 November 2005, 05:34 »
:mad: What a crock of shit. The guy that wrote that article grabbed his ankles and put his head between his legs for Bill Gates. OMG his computer must be overflowing with bs.
Whip me, Beat me, Humiliate me, Mistreat me, and Windows XP me.:fu:

Dark_Me

• Kudos: 314
« Reply #10 on: 14 November 2005, 06:15 »
Yeah, we all kind figured that.
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
If your a selfish, self-centred prick, who is willing to leave half the world in poverty, then yes.
-Kintaro

themacuser

• Kudos: 120
« Reply #11 on: 15 November 2005, 12:09 »
Exactly.
I'm often asked why I hate Microsoft - "What did they ever do to you?". Well, I'll tell you. They made dodgy programs and standards which have wasted hundreds of hours of my time involving lost work in crashes and stupidity.

Commander

• Kudos: 52
« Reply #12 on: 22 November 2005, 16:03 »
"The take-away is that Microsoft has very specific criteria their workers must fulfill, and they have developed an innovative means of assessing candidates: They ask them riddles."
I guess indians must me very good at riddles :(
"......"
"Although this type of employee seems difficult to find, somehow Microsoft keeps finding them."
well, they say there's a billion people in india...

:D
Ballmer needs a firm kick in the ass.... (since he has no balls)

dmcfarland

• Kudos: 123
« Reply #13 on: 22 November 2005, 22:12 »
The go to india because they work them like slaves and not pay them shit, and they get them cheap.:thumbup:
Whip me, Beat me, Humiliate me, Mistreat me, and Windows XP me.:fu:

themacuser

• Kudos: 120
« Reply #14 on: 3 December 2005, 05:21 »
Yep. I do have to admit to using SkypeOut to piss them off...

Works very well - just bullshit them for ages and think about Microsoft's phone bill...
I'm often asked why I hate Microsoft - "What did they ever do to you?". Well, I'll tell you. They made dodgy programs and standards which have wasted hundreds of hours of my time involving lost work in crashes and stupidity.